Rebound in Ring Group

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by premier, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. premier

Hi,

I have setup a ring group with prioritized hunt to extensions with mobile numbers. After hours, I would like the ring group to hunt through mobile numbers using rebound but it doesn't seem to work, the call goes to the mobile phone's voicemail.

Is rebound possible on a ring group, or can anyone suggest some workaround?

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Voicemail, is one of the problems when sending a call off to a mobile. It's considered answered. You may be able to do something with timing, like increasing the number of rings before going on to voicemail, and then have rebound (if possible), recall the call (time-out) after a "shorter" time. Of course, even that won't work, if the mobile is turned off, or unreachable, as the call will go immediately to VM.

3. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Call confirmation on Rebound and/or forwarding sure would be a nice feature. Suggest it.

If the confirmation fails (the called party doesn't press 1 to accept the call or something..), further action could be decided at the PBX.

4. CHADD IT

Ian has a wonderful idea. CHADD is currently evaluating phone systems and several have this feature where the PBX retains call control until the forwarded connection enters something to transfer the call. Several allow this capability to allow the forward connection to return the call to voice mail, or the system operator, or another extension.

I second Ian's suggestion!
    Dalton Williams
    IT (and now phone) Administration
    CHADD, Inc.

5. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

To the feature requests!

https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=897

6. premier

Thanks for the replies, guys. I didn't think there was a way to make it work but hoped someone else found a way around it or maybe there was some hidden setting to enable it.

3CX does support Rebound (answerer must press a key to accept the call) and we've used it successfully when dialing an extension. Getting it to work with a ring group, however, is the problem.

7. premier

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.