• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Rebound in Ring Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

premier

Reaction score
Hi,

I have setup a ring group with prioritized hunt to extensions with mobile numbers. After hours, I would like the ring group to hunt through mobile numbers using rebound but it doesn't seem to work, the call goes to the mobile phone's voicemail.

Is rebound possible on a ring group, or can anyone suggest some workaround?

Voicemail, is one of the problems when sending a call off to a mobile. It's considered answered. You may be able to do something with timing, like increasing the number of rings before going on to voicemail, and then have rebound (if possible), recall the call (time-out) after a "shorter" time. Of course, even that won't work, if the mobile is turned off, or unreachable, as the call will go immediately to VM.

Call confirmation on Rebound and/or forwarding sure would be a nice feature. Suggest it.

If the confirmation fails (the called party doesn't press 1 to accept the call or something..), further action could be decided at the PBX.

Ian has a wonderful idea. CHADD is currently evaluating phone systems and several have this feature where the PBX retains call control until the forwarded connection enters something to transfer the call. Several allow this capability to allow the forward connection to return the call to voice mail, or the system operator, or another extension.

I second Ian's suggestion!
Dalton Williams
IT (and now phone) Administration
CHADD, Inc.

To the feature requests!

https://apps.facebook.com/threecxideas/index.php?page=idea_detail.php&i=897

Thanks for the replies, guys. I didn't think there was a way to make it work but hoped someone else found a way around it or maybe there was some hidden setting to enable it.

3CX does support Rebound (answerer must press a key to accept the call) and we've used it successfully when dialing an extension. Getting it to work with a ring group, however, is the problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.