Rebound over Redirect can't answer Call

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by joru1407, Nov 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joru1407

Hey guys,

I've a problem using the rebound feature:

I've the extension 10 f.e. which is redirected to the number 20 with rebound feature enabled.
    For extension 20 I enabled mobile device ringing.

If I pick up the call with my desk phone of extension 20, I can answer it by pressing "1".
    But if I pick up the call with my mobile phone, I can't answer it by pressing "1". The DTFM tone seems to be competely ignored :/

Are you able to reproduce this issue?
    Do you have any ideas how to fix this issue? If I remember correctly, It worked some time ago...

Many thanks in advance
    - Joshua -

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Have the call route to another phone number, as a test, one that has a phone that allows DTMF to last as long as a key press. See if that works. You don't mention what type of trunking you are using, might make a difference. Do you have any issues using DTMF with voicemail, or a digital receptionist, from your mobile?

3. joru1407

Hey leejor, with other services like digital receptionist I've no issues from my mobile.

I now created the following redirections: 10 is redirected to 20 with rebound enabled, 20 is parallel ringing on mobile phone, but mobile is set on number 21 (which is an internal extension with a sip and soft phone). I still can't accept the call pressing "1" on extension 21.

It seems like this issue is related to a redirect with rebound which is then picked up from a parallel ringing device - Like the sound / confirmation "1" "wouldn't get trough" to the first extension with rebound :/

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @joru1407

I have tried replicating your scenario but i could successfully pick up the call. I called from extension 100 to extension 101. Extension 101 has forwarding rule to extension 102. 102 was set to Away with Rebound enabled for internal calls. The mobile number for extension 102 is 103. So 103 rings and i get the rebound prompt. I press 1 and i pick up the call. Let me know if your scenario has something different. Is the initial call from an external number?

Also i am on version V15.5.3849.1.

Which version are you on and what phones do you use?

5. joru1407

Hello @YiannisH_3CX ,

it is likely the same in my scenario. Just for my correct understanding:
    103 is the mobile number of 102. And 102 is set to parallel mobile ringing, right? So 103 rings?

My version is 15.5.5932.2, we use Yealink T45G phones.

6. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes 103 is the mobile number of 102 and 103 is ringing. Regarding the parallel ringing, when the extension is set to available and the option " Ring my mobile simultaneously" is enabled then this will apply only when the extension is available. At that scenario both the extension and the mobile number will ring until they reach their timeout. If you answer the call from either device before the timeout expires then you should not hear the rebound prompt as that only applies on forwarded calls to mobile.
    So you should only get the prompt on the extension that is specified as the mobile number and only the call is forwarded to that mobile number, not during the time both devices are simultaneously ringing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.