"Recall" to phone after voice page

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by engin411, Jul 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. engin411

engin411 New Member

We just went live on a 3CX system with Yealink phones. We have a mobile workforce, and we use overhead paging. On our old system, after the secretary answered an incoming call for Tom and paged something like, "Tom, line 1 please", if Tom did not pick up that line after 60 seconds, the user's phone would beep a special tone to remind the user to page Tom again. We call this "recall", which may or may not be accurate, but it's a feature our users need. Basically, if the line was on hold for more than 60 seconds, it would remind whoever put that call on hold.

Is there a way to replicate this, or to achieve the same end result, with 3CX? We are using shared parking, so now we page, "Tom, line 1 please" with the understanding that Tom needs to pick up Park 1. Can we somehow have the server remind the user who put the caller into Park 1 if the caller is in Park 1 for more than 60 seconds?
    Thanks.

2. engin411

engin411 New Member

I found a solution to this, but it's sorta round-about and can't be done in the server.

3CX kindly told me how to edit the settings for the shared park extensions, in Settings. Then, in the Yealink phone settings (in the phone itself), I set a different ring tone in the Ring Tone area. I found the phone uses this different ring tone for internal calls, which serves my purpose, because when there is an internal call, our users pay more attention because they know someone is calling specifically for them.

In this case, the server sends the call back to whoever put the caller in shared park, and - and this fits our needs nicely - it rings the phone for about 10 seconds, then stops, then rings the phone again in 45 seconds, stops, and keeps repeating this. So we essentially have a reminder every 45 seconds if a caller is "stuck" in a shared park.

3. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Go to the advanced settings page and then look for the call parking tab and see if the options available there do not provide some relief. I tend to think that the automatic pickup option has the feature/solution you seek.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.