• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Receive more than 1 call from call queue

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluetel2

Reaction score
Hi all,

i think 3cx need that possibility. it's request per some users.

possibility to an extension connected to a call queue, to receive more than 1 call from this call queue.

please vote for this feature.

tks advance

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/able-to-receive-more-than-1-call-from-same-call-queue-or-another/308285-9854

The definition of a call queue is that people wait for an available agent. If you want multiple calls to go to agents than use a ring group.

Not agree. it s not the same things. ring group can t permit to listen wait music. and my customer want absolutly music

I agree with Kerry, you start adding ring group features to queues people will want queue features to ring groups then there will be no difference between call features. Really don't see the benefit of adding features between queues and ring groups, they are different for a reason.

Thanks,

Nate

Ok...lost futur buyer...not first time with this feature.i understand your point of view but not customers.i found just idiot to loose customer for this... it s my point of view

Reactions: AlexanderZ
that is disturb me is that 3cx can provide easily this OPTION, and if it's an option some users can disable it.

Today some users don't use all feature of 3cx, and disable it. so it's the same, user like kerry don't want this feature ? so don't use it, but other need it.

more feature 3cx will have more customers will use.

bluetel2 said:
that is disturb me is that 3cx can provide easily this OPTION, and if it's an option some users can disable it.

Today some users don't use all feature of 3cx, and disable it. so it's the same, user like kerry don't want this feature ? so don't use it, but other need it.

more feature 3cx will have more customers will use.

This option cannot be provided easily because it contradicts the idea and makes a mess.
Imagine following situation.
You have two agents in the queue. they are always available because they can receive multiple calls. There are ten calls in the queue.
What are the requirements for distribution? How to manage the queue (first in/first out)? How does user choose the call to answer? Do you know any CRM systems which is able to handle multiple incoming calls?
This message is an invitation to discussion. I don't try to refute the validity of your request, but I see a lot of problems which will force users (even those who thought that this functionality is useful) to disable this option in 100% of cases.

Thanks

I'am totaly agree with you SY, and it's for this that i propose, checkbox in call queue "allow receive on more than call queue from this queue" like in the extensions settings. and why not option like "how many calls simultanéous from this queue " : 2 3 5 etc..."
In fact i'don't know if it's possible number of simultanéous, but i know simultanéous from call queue it's possible because in v8 it was working. i understand too that it's not the first idea from call queue, or maybe just add new feature, which is not call queue and not work gropup but permit to receive more than call queue from "list, or waiting call" and permit to listen wait music or announcement music.

tks for you listen

Stepan nailed it on the head more graceful then I did, so sorry about that. 99% of queue users want calls to be handled in some type of order and to handle them with statistics and proper routing. With allowing multiple calls to be answered it becomes messy on how to handle them, how do you manage escalations? call backs? agent talk time? not to mention different hunt patterns? To be honest this is why I think it is not the best idea, not to say you don't have a valid request just that trying to implement this feature would be a nightmare, just my opinion.

Thanks,

Nate

What you need is ring groups with music instead of ring tone. That is a much better request than "ability to receive multiple queue calls". I would even vote up the ability to play music on a ring group but I would never condone being able to accept multiple queue calls.

Yes kerry it's that. in the last post i suggest to add wainting music on ring group or maybe add new feature which will be approx the same that ring queue and call queue but with only this features:

- waiting list, without strategie, just waiting
- users can receive more than 1 call simultaneous, maybe with option like "receive 2 call..." "receive 3 calls sim..." etc...
- waiting music.

it's can add more features and possibility to 3cx system and i have listen some french users that want this feature, and i conceive this is not the call queue feature but this is not ring group feature too.

so for satisfy all people i suggest this idea.

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/new-feature-mix-of-wainting-queue-and-ring-group/308965-9854

Hello Bluetel !

I have the same request from my customers ! I have "solved" it by adding a second extension to the phone, and making this extension a member of the call queue. So the phone has two extensions (ie 100 and 101) both members of the queue, when a second call come in, the phone has a flash led tha indicate it..

J'ai eu la meme requete de la part des mes clients ! J'ai "résolu" le problème en ajoutant une seconde extension au poste et en l'enregistrant comme membre de la file d'attente. Le téléphone a donc deux extensions (ex : 100 et 101) les deux étant des membres de la file, lorsque un deuxieème appel entre, le téléphone l'indique par une lumiere clignotante.

J'espère que cela te sera utile

Lionel
Axion Network

En effet c'est une solution il suffit d'ajouter des extensions, j'en ai mis trois par agent en réception d'appel ça fonctionne.
Well done, this is a good solution i use it 3 extensions by agents.

For the dev team, i think is better to update Queue concept as Bluetel wants because, it's a better solution for business practice ans business needs, stats etc..., and a good way to sell more simutaneous licence !

nbailey said:
I agree with Kerry, you start adding ring group features to queues people will want queue features to ring groups then there will be no difference between call features. Really don't see the benefit of adding features between queues and ring groups, they are different for a reason.

Thanks,

Nate

I totally agree with this. you need to pick the right person at the right queues.....

Call queues were developed for a reason...one call, one agent. The agent took all of the time needed, without interruption, to deal with a customer. If an agent is already on a call, then has to say "Please hold I have another call" only to answer the second call and then tell that person to "please hold I'll be back with you in a few minutes" when they don't really know how much longer it is going to take to finish with the first caller, does that really make sense?

The second caller is going to have to be placed on hold anyway, why not let them listen to music, or your customized sales MOH. Why should the first caller to an agent not expect to have that agents undivided attention. that is what I expect when I call into a queue.

It comes down to...an agent can't deal with two calls at once. One is still going to have to wait on hold.

Hey Bluetel,
hey all,

I've submitted the same thing with a different subject some weeks ago.
Have the same opinion... some customers need it... even if that's not 100% the idea of a queue.
But they will keep their existing PBX or a new one if we cannot offer something like that.

http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/ALLOWUSEBUSYOPTFORGROUP-=-1-setting-also-for-QUEUES/311629-9854

Markus

Add a second extension to their phone so they can receive multiple queue calls. I dont know of any other system that allows multiple queue calls to an extension or then it isn't a queue.

Marcus, surely your request is the same as using the PARK feature!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Members Online Now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
damiano giannini
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.