receiving pbx not hearing my tones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jonnybluehat, Feb 15, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonnybluehat

sorry if this is a 2x post but i looked around and couldnt find the answer

what i have is when i call other companies that have digital receptionists, there side cant hear when i push numbers to navigate there menus.

im sure its a check box im missing but im 3 days into trouble shooting and im out of ideas

please and thanks

2. davidbenwell

davidbenwell Active Member

Hi, this sounds more like a phone issue then 3CX itself.

can you confrim which phones you are using?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jonnybluehat

polycom 331

i have tried on the softphone as well , same issue

4. jonnybluehat

let me add,

if i call the bank it works fine.
    but if i call a dr's office it doesn't. i think its something between phone system types

5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It probably has something to do with the DTMF "method" that your phone is set to send out. There are (in most cases) three types. You don't specify if you are using a gateway or VoIP provider, if it is a gateway, then the method in the phone should match that of the gateway DTMF method setting as it re-generates the tones, in most cases. If you are using a VoIP provider then the method may need to match what the provider is expecting, or on some cases you can set it to "In-Band", or a combination and it will work.
    In some cases, the far end wants a bit longer duration tone that what you are sending. In a case such as this it may just be a matter of tweaking your settings and hoping for the best. Some gateways allow you to set the DTMF duration.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.