Reception switchboard Cisco 500s Orange LEDs

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tqhx, Jun 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tqhx

Hi,

Ive installed a few 3cx phones and never had this issue. The Reception phone is a Cisco 525G2+2 Cisco 500S attendant consoles. I used the standard fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=ext@3CXServerIP;nme= in all of the fields. The extension buttons do work, however are not showing Green/Red/Blinking with phone status.

Ive tried setting the colors by using c=g etc for the BLF idle and etc but still get all orange lights. My phone systems are all on VPNed networks, and when i put in the code for a phone at another facility the light comes up green so i feel like its something with the phone system itself.

On another note, whenever these phones reprovision, ALL of the console fields get wiped, so i set my reception phones to stop provisioning once i fill in the fields (i do let them firmware update first) Im not sure if thats something simple as well but that happens on all of my phone systems

Thanks

2. ian.watts

ian.watts Active Member

Sounds like you have a half-provisioned situation.

If the handset is provisioning from the template.. the template has entries for the sidecar BLF configuration in the template.
    Thus, if you are configuring these sidecar BLF entries by hand on the handset's webUI.. the template (the XML file..) is going to provision them back to default.. which will be blank.

You can and I do configure the BLF configurations using the admin console for that extension. I would encourage using keyboard to do so.. the clicks for 64 BLFs can become tedious.

Even then.. at times some of the BLFs will be orange.. though they will speed dial just fine.. go figure.

3. tqhx

That makes sense, i didnt even think there was a template for the sidecar provisioning. I wish i could figure out why they are all orange, like you said, they still dial, but you cannot tell if someone is on the other line or not which is important. Its weird because i cannot figure out what is different from my other systems in that it works fine with them

Do you or anyone know how to add them to the template exactly? I assume i insert the info into this part, just not exactly how/where;

example of one of my BLF codes in the phone

fnc=sd+blf+cp;sub=1829@192.168.106.205;nme=Cafe

Template

{IF blf11} <Unit_1_Key_11 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1">%%value%%%%blf11%%@%%pbx_ip%%:%%param::sipport%%;nme=%%blffirstname11%% %%blflastname11%%</Unit_1_Key_11> {ELSE} <Unit_1_Key_11 group="Attendant_Console/Unit_1"></Unit_1_Key_11> {ENDIF}

4. badsushi

You just need to use the pre-built template that says +500S and then program the keys

I have found that setting the side console delay to 5 seconds help them not come up orange also if you only have 1 unit set the 2nd unit to disabled

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.