Receptionist ability to send call directly to vmail

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by sunstate, Mar 24, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sunstate

sunstate Member

I have a client that wants the receptionist to be able to send calls directly to people's voicemail. I see the *4ext dialcode, but that seems to be for picking up the handset and dialing straight to someone's vmail, not send an active call to someone else's vmail. Is there any way to do this? I have seen the feature request for a transfer to vmail button (http://3cx.ideascale.com/a/dtd/Transfer-to-voicemail-button/87827-9854) and voted for it, but hopefully there is some way to accomplish this now.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. komputer

It can be done very easily

1. Call comes in receptionist answers then TRNF(XFER) *4ext TRNF(XFER)
    2. Use the 3CX Assistant and right click on call and transfer *4ext

Note: TRNF(XFER) is denoted as the TRANSFER button on your phone depending on model, some phones it's XFER and some TRANSFER.

3. willow

willow Member

agree

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. beaterku

I created dummy extensions that are not registered that have forwarding rules to voicemail.

Ex: I have 4 extensions:

I created 4 dummy extensions:
    201 - forwards to 101 vmail
    202 - forwards to 102 vmail
    203 - forwards to 103 vmail
    204 - forwards to 104 vmail

201-204 appear in the 3cx assistant and I can just drag and drop straight to vmail.

5. sunstate

sunstate Member

I swear I tried that before I posted and it didn't work. But I just tried now and it worked fine. I am doing it on an Aastra right now, before when I was trying it was on a Yealink. I'll give the Yealink a shot tomorrow again.

This is actually what I was going to do if I couldn't get the *4ext to work.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.