Receptionist Calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Jaymei, Nov 10, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaymei

Hi Guys,

Hoping someone can advise on this as there seems to be a few on here that deal with contact centers.

When a call comes into reception but they are on a call we have it bounce to an overflow system then back after a few seconds. This is due to the call not presenting again once the receptionist finishes the first call.

Is there a way I have missed that the call is held until the receptionist becomes available?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I assume that you are talking about a queue, with one member. That is the only way that I'm aware of, automatically "holding" a call until someone is idle.

#2 leejor, Nov 11, 2017
    Last edited: Nov 11, 2017
  3. Jaymei

At the moment there are 2 receptionists.
    Previously when tested, if they were on a call then it would keep the other incoming calls in the queue but when they became idle again it would not pass the call through to them.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mariosM_3CX

mariosM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Jaymei

Are you sure the receptionists were part of a Queue? Because if they were in a Ring Group instead, then this is normal as the agents are only pulled once and if not available the call goes to the destination if no answer.
    A Call Queue on the other hand, will hold the calls until one of the agents is available. Just make sure that the "Maximum Queue Wait Time" is long enough so the calls are not terminated before the receptionists become available.
    If this is not what you want to do, please describe in more detail your setup and what you are trying to achieve.

apostolis_3CX likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.