• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Receptionist tranfer to voicemail?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Robert Drobish

Reaction score
Has anyone figured out how to transfer to voicemail by right-clicking on call? I just replaced my Cisco phone system with 3CX and the Receptionist is struggling with tranfer to *4XXXX to send to voicemail in today's world.

From the switchboard incoming calls section simply right click on the call and choose divert then type in *4ext (where ext is the extension number that you would like to transfer the call to)

Make sure that the extension has the rights to do 'Perform operations on active calls to group members (divert, transfer, pickup)' from under the extensions settings, rights tab and the rights to see calls.

upload_2017-2-15_17-39-12.png

upload_2017-2-15_17-33-13.png

Right click on the call and choose divert

upload_2017-2-15_17-33-55.png

Then type *4ext of the voicemail to divert to
upload_2017-2-15_17-35-3.png

Attachments

• upload_2017-2-15_17-32-42.png
    upload_2017-2-15_17-32-42.png
    72.3 KB · Views: 1
Reactions: Lewis Burgess
not really any different than the issue they are already having of using *4.
Would be nice if you could right click and select XFER-VM and then enter extension.

This is the only way that it will work but please feel free to post this in our feature request page: http://www.3cx.com/forums/3cx-ideas-f57.html and if it gets enough votes and is technically possible it may very well get implemented.

Hi Robert

I agree this feature could be a little slicker in the reception screen. All I can suggest is changing the default dial code for divert to voicemail down to a single *. That way the receptionist(s) just has to dial a star in front of the users extension.

We've also started depoying touch screens to receptionists where budget allows, it makes the drag and drop functionalaity of the reception screen work really well.

Cheers

Richard

I am using V15 PRO. I set up custom speeddial buttons on the windows client using DVM Username and *4ext. If I need to send a caller to voice mail, I only have to click the DVM Username speeddial button and it transfers.

You can right-click on the button you plan to use and configure it under PRO. On the windows client, you can right-click on the screen number at the bottom to add up to 3 BLF screens, which give you 108 buttons. Beyond this, you would have to do it from the 3CX console.

I set mine up as the odd number being the normal BLF and the next even number being the direct to voicemail button. This makes it easier to find and takes about 5 minutes to train someone to use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.