Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Recommend 4 line cordless voip

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by zone97, Mar 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zone97

I have a customer who needs to get 4 line cordless handsets? Can anyone recommend any?

2. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Yes - dont!

Seriously they are very expensive. Single line wireless sets start at $350.

There is a SNOM M3 Dect with 3 lines but I wouldnt bother.

We prefer the normal SIP phone with multi lines and a wireless headset. Or we do use DECT phones as pool phones (usually using an inexpensive ATA and a normal DECT 6 phone - though I am waiting to hear more about a Polycom base that can register multiple DECT handsets).

In the DECT scenario you can have your deskphone as normal and either set it to forward or transfer to a DECT extension should you need that roaming capability.

The other way (my preferred way) is to use the SIP phone on my smartphone (android or iphone).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jim@itstod.se

jim@itstod.se New Member

Polycom KWS300 is my favourite.

Works with any standards DECT handset, we mostly use Gigaset handsets. Handles 8 handsets and 4 simoultaneous calls.

Call waiting and transfers (attended/unattended) works great.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

We use Aastra at the support offices, and we have dropped them from the weirdest heights, they always survive. I suggest you use them. Although there not the prettiest phones.

5. abc123

abc123 Active Member

I will stand corrected! I misread the post (probably as we had a similar one this week) and thought you were meaning wifi handsets.

And it was the KWS300 I was thinking of with the DECT.

We dont use but have had good reports on the aastra too.

6. FBW

FBW New Member

We ourselves have several Snom m9 phones installed at customers and have had no complaints.
    Only downside, for now, is that Snom still needs to produce the repeater that goes with it. Of course, if the customer only needs to cover 50-100m in either direction this won't be an issue.

We also use Siemens DECT phones and they work fine as well. They're just a pain to transfer a call to another portable phone on the same access point. It works but it needs some training first.

Hope this info helps.

7. zone97

Well the customer works for an aircraft maintenance facility. He needs 3 office and 4 in a hanger. The users in the hanger are mechanics and will need to be mobile. He tells me he already purchased a standard phone system and I will try and get the info from him to see if it can be used with 3CX. Maybe you guys can give me some pointers if it is compatible.

8. FBW

FBW New Member

You'll probably need a PSTN gateway then. However I'm afraid he'll loose some functionality.
    Why won't they invest in a couple of DECT phones that work well with VoIP?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.