Recommendation? Distinctive Ring Tone

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AldoLinares, Dec 6, 2007.

1. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

Hello

Today a client that already is using the free version told me that the only problem that they have is that when someone calls from extension to extension they answer like if the call was from outside PSTN, and they say: You are calling to X Company...

I migrate the client from the Panasonic PBX to 3CX and he told that it was something that they can do with the "old" PBX, i know i can do that with the phones, but do i need to configure everyphone or FXS Gateway, or there is another solution?

How do you deal with that ?

Thanks

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Right now that is at the phone level. No options in 3CX for changing ringtones at each phone.

Not sure if you can do this but the phones you can provision (Polycom for example) you may be able to do this in bulk. Not sure, just got the polycom phones myself and haven't looked at this scenario yet.

3. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

3CX Team??

What is your recommendation?

Thank you

4. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

Do you phones not have a display? When I get a call it comes from either an ext # or from outside by caller ID.

5. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

For my personal use i have no problem, but not everybody its going to have a VOIP Phone, or they are not going to all the time watch the screen of being in front of the computer.

But for real life scenario this is going to happen a lot, its happeing right now with a client.

6. AldoLinares

AldoLinares New Member

There is no recommendation from 3CX :(

7. scottyork

We had the same problem migrating from Panasonic.

We use Grandstream phones which can use a different ringtone for a different account. We've set up two extensions for each phone. External calls are directed to the second "ghost" extension (they are all in a single hunt group) which then rings with a different tone.

I think you'll be able to do the same for most phones with multiple lines/accounts.

We did this with version 3.1 before SIP forking was available but I assume you could now just have a single extra extension which all phones register to and then direct external calls to that extension. Not sure how that would handle multiple incoming though.

8. scottyork

Hi,

Tried an edit but didn't work.

Meant to say that we did this with a common provisioning template on the phone so it wasn't too bad to roll out.