Recommendation for 6 FXO ports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hypnotoad, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypnotoad

This is my first post -- I have been trying to find a supported 8 FXO PSTN gateway (United States) -- technically I only need 6 FXO ports at the moment. I am avoiding Grandstream, and the vibe I've got from reading the forum is that the Patton SN 4114 are better than Audiocodes MP-118. However, I would have to get 2 4114's which would be more expensive. Does anybody have any input?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Grandstream GXW 4108 has 8 FXO ports. We have found that these work quite well. At at those prices its worth a try i would say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hypnotoad

Actually, grandstream has me in a bind right now -- I am actually considering a 3CX to replace a GXE 5028 IP PBX that I just installed last week. I suppose I could go with the GS gateway if I was really feeling up to it. Does anybody else have good luck with them?

Thanks for the reply, Nick.

4. discovery1

discovery1 Member

A Patton SN4520 would probably do the job and it would be easy to write a 3CX template for it.
    http://www.patton.com/products/pe_products.asp?category=52

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello Hypnotoad

Nick are right
    I have gxw4104 in several places and they works fine

6. hypnotoad

Thanks for the input. I might give the Grandstream GXW 4108 a try. I am nervous though -- I am past the trying stage and looking for something that is rock-solid.

7. hypnotoad

Well...I've decided to go with 2x Patton SN4114 FXO's and a 16 user license. This is my first of hopefully many 3CX implementations -- replacing my GXE IP PBX sites with dedicated 3CX boxes. BTW, what is the release target date for 3CX version 8?

8. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

very soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.