Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Recommendation for 6 FXO ports

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by hypnotoad, Sep 8, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hypnotoad

This is my first post -- I have been trying to find a supported 8 FXO PSTN gateway (United States) -- technically I only need 6 FXO ports at the moment. I am avoiding Grandstream, and the vibe I've got from reading the forum is that the Patton SN 4114 are better than Audiocodes MP-118. However, I would have to get 2 4114's which would be more expensive. Does anybody have any input?

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Grandstream GXW 4108 has 8 FXO ports. We have found that these work quite well. At at those prices its worth a try i would say.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. hypnotoad

Actually, grandstream has me in a bind right now -- I am actually considering a 3CX to replace a GXE 5028 IP PBX that I just installed last week. I suppose I could go with the GS gateway if I was really feeling up to it. Does anybody else have good luck with them?

Thanks for the reply, Nick.

4. discovery1

discovery1 Member

A Patton SN4520 would probably do the job and it would be easy to write a 3CX template for it.
    http://www.patton.com/products/pe_products.asp?category=52

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. amygoda

amygoda Member

Hello Hypnotoad

Nick are right
    I have gxw4104 in several places and they works fine

6. hypnotoad

Thanks for the input. I might give the Grandstream GXW 4108 a try. I am nervous though -- I am past the trying stage and looking for something that is rock-solid.

7. hypnotoad

Well...I've decided to go with 2x Patton SN4114 FXO's and a 16 user license. This is my first of hopefully many 3CX implementations -- replacing my GXE IP PBX sites with dedicated 3CX boxes. BTW, what is the release target date for 3CX version 8?

8. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

very soon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.