Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Recommendation for PC

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by superior1, Jan 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. superior1

Anyone have any recommendations on where to get PC to host the 3CX software? I know the specs, I just would like recommendation on where to get great PC for this software at a great price. Ive searched all over the internet and found some, however I would rather have recommendations with experience with running the 3CX V10 software.

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You probably need to be a bit more specific. Budget, projected size of installation, location, in the world.

3. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

For small installations (up to 32 SC) I would recommend HP Proliant N40L Microserver. I usually add 2 GB of RAM for a total of 4 GB and second HDD to utilize RAID. CPU and memory load will not exceed 45-50%. Bundles with MS Windows 2008R2 Foundation Server are price competitive (around €350.-).

Regards

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. jpillow

jpillow Well-Known Member

I've used the HP Proliant N40L Microserver and it works great, I only run 3CX on the server and have found that XP works great stable no issues on any deployments and a fraction of the cost of a windows server os. I've used small form factor desk tops as well (4-6 handsets) the only issue I came a cross was easily solved by additional ram and a dedicated video card. (as recommended to me by Leejor)] Try Amazon http://www.amazon.com/HP-658553-001-ProLiant-Server-System/dp/B005KKJPCO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1327780900&sr=8-1

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. superior1

Why the dedicated Video Card? Also, what recommendations for a SFF deskptop for 4-6 handsets. The HP Proliant N40L Microserver, what size installs for that server? And you run XP Pro with that server?

Im in Michigan. Most of our customers would be in the 4-16 cc range, with some exceeded that.

6. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

The only benefit in adding a video card would be if your current system used on-board video (shared memory), and system memory were between 1 to 1.5 GB, and, you had an older video card sitting around. If you have to buy something, it would be more prudent to buy additional memory.

7. jpillow

One customer with 3 handsets 4cc, one with 6 handset 8cc both on a small form factor dell optiplex 2 Ram 80g Diskspace XP . Initially we didnt have enough ram and the network bogged down quite a bit and the machines didnt perform up to par (CPU Usage too high). We simply added more ram and havent had any issues since. Are you only running 3CX on the server? At my office we have a microserver with only 3cx using XP 12 handsets 8cc no issues at all. I'd like to know what you used and how it worked out. I have a few installs coming up and am still new to 3CX as well.

8. mazingtree

I've just installed small system for a client, that used an HP Pro 3300 SFF Desktop PC. They are nicely produced machines and they come with Windows 7 Pro. HP's 1 Year onsite engineer maintenance in included, plus 2GB RAM with a 500GB HD and a Dual Core i3 2.3GHz processor (depends on exact model). It's probably slightly over specified, but at around £350 it's a much better spec than that baby server listed above machines are great office desktops, except they have the cheaper lightweight keyboard and mouse, which aren't really needed for the phone server. I think if you go down the Business range of HP desktops you'd find a lesser specified machine for £100 less I'm sure.

9. superior1

Ive been eyeing this HP SFF computer, any thoughts?? 4000 Pro SFF E6600 3.06GHz 2GB 250GB DVD/RW W7P 32 Bit

10. jpillow

what do you estimate your call capacity to be, concurrent calls max estimated?

11. Wellington Tim

I'm running 3CX on a zoostorm budget PC:- Dual core pentium 1TB HDD 8Gb RAM Win 7pro.. works a treat and cheap as chips (under £200 for the box), if it breaks, buy another.

12. Ian Joyce

Here are some base requirements that should suffice for 4-16 SC

• Operating System: Win 7, Windows 2003 Server or Windows 2008 Server
    • Memory: 1GB or more recommended
    • CPU: 1 GHz (or equivalent) or better
    • Disk Space:
    o 20M Hard Disk space for 3CX installation files
    o Additional disk space for database files
    o Additional disk space for logging, dependent upon configuration

These are pretty light requirements so you should be able to find a good machine at a low cost that will fill them.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.