Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Recommendations for Bluetooth headset with 3CXPhone+Win7?

Discussion in 'Windows' started by mikes1p, Aug 3, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikes1p

Any sugestions for bluetooth headsets that work well with 3CXPhone and Windows 7?

Most BT headsets seem to intended to be used with a cell phone not a PC. I've tried a Jawbone Prime and it works but you can't answer or end calls via the headset, plus it's not "no brainer" easy with Win7, less tech savvy users will get frustrated if it doesn't "just work". The drivers fail to install the first time I try to pair it, then it works the second time I pair, then you have to fiddle around with sound settings in the control panel.

I'd like our field sales people with laptops to be able to use 3CXPhone if it can be easy for them

Mike S

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Re: Recommendations for Bluetooth headset with 3CXPhone+Win7

I'm not sure that simple pairing is the main concern when a BT headset is used with 3CX. We have to assume that pairing with a PC, is a given. I would be surprised that any headset would not pass audio at all.

The big question, for most users, is whether or not a call on the 3CX Phone can be answered or ended with the buttons on the bluetooth headset alone.

3. alexpalt

Re: Recommendations for Bluetooth headset with 3CXPhone+Win7

I have tried BlueTooth headset "Jabra Stone2", with Windows 7 and 3CXPhone + Android HTC Desire:

this headset works "mostly" with both devices (it can be paired with Windows7 + android device, oviously only one call can be active at the same time), but call on the 3CX Phone cannot be answered or ended with the buttons on the bluetooth headset .Also, sometimes randomly the headset disconnects, so I'm never sure to be ready to answer...
    It's not so easy and user friendly as I expexted...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.