• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Recommended DECT Base for SMB / Handsets

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody

Bronze Partner
Reaction score
Is there any "supported" basestation plus handsets which fullfills the following needs:
one base, at least 2 simultaneous calls
3 Handsets, two extension numbers (example 10, 11)
handset one configured for 10 (send and receive calls)
handset two configured for 11 (send and receive calls)
handset three configured for both extension numbers: 10,11
receives calls for both numbers, has a different ring tone for 10 and 11
has a default extension number for outgoing calls, but can choose the other number if needed.

I already have a N510ipPro, but the third handset cannot be provisioned correctly. 3cx phone v15 will always reset/reprovision the handset after a short time in a way It wont receive any calls.

Until i got to the end of your post i was thinking "Gigaset".

If the handsets initially work after provisioning, can you not disable any auto-provisioning? What is changing in the settings that causes it to stop working. I have four Gigaset IP base stations (not the Pro version), and manually configured all. All work well after i discovered that each base has a limitation on how many handsets can be ringing at one time, A problem, if all are provisioned with extensions in the same ring group.

I know that Panasonic and some others offer DECT VoIP handsets but I'm not familiar with the inner workings.

Thank you for your reply,
You are right, deactivating autoprovisioning helps. But I still hope there is a solution where I can keep the autoprovisioning.
What happens is, that the 3cx only knows about an extension, and an extension is a login in the base. It does know nothing about handsets and their pairing and with the base. If I have two numbers, only two handsets can be used (in a random order). I can register the third, but it wont receive any calls. If I change the options in the handset so it can receive calls, they will revert after some time to the useless settings.
Using a ring group for the 3rd handset does not make sense since I want to identify the called number by the ring tone.
A DECT phone is different from a desk phone since it is more often used by more then one user, and it does not tend to sit at the exact place the user sits. Therefore the need for different personalities and ringtones per account seems natural to me. In the age of ISDN this was simple to implement, much better then with the n510 now (but not provisionable).

What happens is, that the 3cx only knows about an extension, and an extension is a login in the base. It does know nothing about handsets and their pairing and with the base.

True, the base is what does the registration with the PBX.

If I have two numbers, only two handsets can be used (in a random order). I can register the third, but it wont receive any calls.

Which is a puzzle as the information that I've found on the N510ipPro says that it supports 4 simultaneous conversations, which is one more that the units I'm using. Does it continue to work correctly if you manually provision? If so, unless you are making a lot of changes, the you may have to leave it that way. I'd only be guessing about what is happening.

Of course If I setup the base manually, I get the functionality i need (there are a few defects like partially not working dtmf, but I am sure this could be fixed). However I like the provisioning because it makes life easier, especially if things getting replaced. It simply saves time otherwise needed for Documentation.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.