Recommended Gateways

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by IAmAlex, Oct 29, 2007.

1. IAmAlex

Hello,

My boss and I are trying to decide which VoIP gateway to go with for use with 3CX. We are getting stuck on the price break between the Audiocodes MP-118 and the Grandstream GXW-4108. The Audiocodes is says it is recommended by 3CX and we are just wondering why? Does anyone know or have experience with both that can testify to one being superior?

Thanks a lot,
    Alex

2. miraportuga

miraportuga Member

There have been several posts on this forum relating problems on sound with Grandstream Gateways, choppy sound, echo's and so on....
    Audiocodes have a much better sound(users on this forum said it) and it also works well with 3cx...

Cheers

3. dyntech

dyntech New Member

I have personal experience with the Audiocodes MP-118 used with a different IP PBX and I have nothing good to say about it. Not having a telephone background made it very confusing and their support is non-existant.

The device seemed like it had a lot of good features but having a computer/networking background instead of a telephone background, I never knew what they were or how to use them. Their manual was written in a way that they expected you to know everything about every feature and all telco codes and abbreviations. I eventually returned the product for a different one.

Maybe they have improved, I'm not sure that was about a year ago now. Version 4 is supposed to be better with them, maybe you would be fine with it. This is just my experience.

4. slynch401k

I bought and used a grandstream 4108. It was an exercise in frustration. I would not recommend the Grandstream.

I heard good things about Rhino but I do not believe that 3cx supports PCI cards.

5. alicic

alicic New Member

Hi,

I have Grandstream 4104 and it is working Perfectly. I only had to ajust "Call Progress Tones" correctly.

I think recommendation of Gateway is just not good idea, wile some gateays work just fine with some users and some do not.

According to my oppinion it is only how much a user is familiar with Phone System terms and technical knowledge.

regards,

6. IAmAlex

Thank you all for your replies and advice. BTW, we've decided on the AudioCodes, hopefully it will go smoothly.