Recommended Hardware for 3CX SBC 50-100 Extensions

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Nicarlo, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Nicarlo

Hello all,

I've been looking for a recommended hardware spec sheet for to run a 3CX SBC.

Doesn't appear to be documented anywhere. I understand for remote offices with less than 20 phones we can run it on a raspberry pi but what about offices with 50-100 phones?

What kind hard hardware recommendations are we looking at? I'm assuming it doesn't need all that much for what it will be doing.

I am also looking into running Debian instead of Windows as it's more secure and won't start rebooting itself unless I tell it to.

Can anyone provide me with some hardware recommendations?

Thanks!

2. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Nicarlo

I don't think you fully read my post...

I wasn't asking for the 3CX PBX. I was asking about the remote 3CX SBC (Session Board Controller) that we usually run on a Raspberry Pi for remote offices less than 20 extensions.

4. pact

pact New Member

Just give the Debian VM 2 Cores and 1GB of ram, the SBC doesn't keep much in memory, its merely a proxy for passing traffic via the Tunnel and locally routing inter-office phone calls.

3CX had stated the newer RPI3 was capable of many more than 20 extensions, but they have not released official testing (as far as I'm aware). So a server class CPU will be far more efficient at the task and will handle many more extensions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. cobaltit

cobaltit Active Member

Just use the hardware spec and install the SBC instead of 3CX and you can't go wrong.

6. eddv123

eddv123 Active Member

Exactly as @cobaltit says, the SBC and PBX hardware is going to pretty much be identical based on SC.

I would note however that you have said for 50-100 extensions. The 3CX SBC only scales up to 50 extensions (bar Raspi version which is 20) so you must either consider a VPN or double up on your SBC's.