Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Recommended Wireless Phones - 802.11g/n

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sheps, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheps

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for wireless phones for use with the 3CX system?

I know some phones are a royal pain to configure and some are fairly nice. Phones which support intercom functionality would be a bonus. Recommendations would be appreciated.

DECT is not an option, only looking for wireless G recommendations.

Thanks,

Dan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I know of one installation that uses the Quick Phone brand of WI-fi phones. It was a nightmare at first and required some firmware updates from the manufacturer specifcally related to the MWI. I was asked to come in and consult and after finding out the application (for a residential resort condo) I had some real reservations. I know that it ultimately was made to function, but I cannot say how well. Range was somewhat limited, no real security to prevent users from changing settings, and handoff between access points was spotty. I just could not imagine having short-term guest come in and intutively using the phone without any issues and not altering the settings.

I do not know your application, how many phones, how many access points, etc. so, I can't really provide a recommendation and probably would not anyway. All I can say, is that this make/model was able to function and I assume if Wi-Fi coverage is excellent and roaming between access points is either minimal or non-existent, then maybe it wil do you well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.