Recommended Wireless Phones - 802.11g/n

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sheps, Aug 16, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sheps

Hello,

Does anyone have any recommendations for wireless phones for use with the 3CX system?

I know some phones are a royal pain to configure and some are fairly nice. Phones which support intercom functionality would be a bonus. Recommendations would be appreciated.

DECT is not an option, only looking for wireless G recommendations.

Thanks,

Dan

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

I know of one installation that uses the Quick Phone brand of WI-fi phones. It was a nightmare at first and required some firmware updates from the manufacturer specifcally related to the MWI. I was asked to come in and consult and after finding out the application (for a residential resort condo) I had some real reservations. I know that it ultimately was made to function, but I cannot say how well. Range was somewhat limited, no real security to prevent users from changing settings, and handoff between access points was spotty. I just could not imagine having short-term guest come in and intutively using the phone without any issues and not altering the settings.

I do not know your application, how many phones, how many access points, etc. so, I can't really provide a recommendation and probably would not anyway. All I can say, is that this make/model was able to function and I assume if Wi-Fi coverage is excellent and roaming between access points is either minimal or non-existent, then maybe it wil do you well.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.