Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

reconnecting to Trunk

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by narkumas, Dec 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Hey!
    Sometimes, my 3CVX loses connection to some trunks for 2 or 3 minutes.
    When I refresh registration manually after some seconds, it works again
    How can I decrease the time until 3CX tries a reconnect?

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @narkumas

When a provider is authentication based the 3CX server registers to the provider which makes 3CX the client. When we send a registration we specify an interval which can be changed under trunk settings / options / Re - Register Timeout. However the provider responds with a re-register interval in the 200 OK message which may or may not match the one we send and since 3CX is the client it has to re-register according to that interval. So it is actually the provider that controls the re-register interval and not 3CX. If your trunk looses registration then something else is going on that requires investigation. Is there anything in the Activity log that might suggest an error?

3. narkumas

narkumas New Member

Hello Yannis,
    I could not see any activities indicating an error.
    What if I changed registration from authentication based to IP Address base?

Would this change something?

4. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Assuming the provider supports IP based authentication then the trunk will not register to the provider at all. When a trunk is IP based there is not authentication and the PBX sends calls to the IP configured in the trunk settings. If the provider does not require authentication then it will respond to that invite and the call will go through.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.