Record component and disconnecting call

Discussion in 'Call Flow Designer' started by Andrzej Pierscionek, Jul 11, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Andrzej Pierscionek

Hi,

I try to use record component to record a message to a file. However when caller disconnects before timeout, or without pressing any key (DTMF), the recording is deleted and I cannot do anything with it.

Is there any way to preserve call recording from call that is disconnected during recording ?

My goal is to have it work like voicemail and send the recording via email, but I need more power over email then regular voicemail provides, hence Call Flow to the rescue.

2. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Andrzej Pierscionek,

Thanks for your feedback. I just tested this case and indeed the file is deleted. I agree with you in that it would be very useful to keep the recording file. I'll check internally what we can do regarding this and come back to you as soon as I can.

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Andrzej Pierscionek

Hi,

this is already how regular voice mail behaves. I just hope it's not competently separate then how recorder module works :)

Also I believe based on logs that because the call is disconnected both recorder module actions are not performed. The workaround is to use the disconnect call flow to perform desired action.

4. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @Andrzej Pierscionek,

Yes, that's the way it should work, but unfortunately for now the recording file is being deleted if the call is dropped during recording.

We'll be making some changes to keep the recording file even when the call is dropped during recording, but you will have to wait for the next 3CX service pack for this.

Thanks for your feedback!

Kind regards.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. edossantos

edossantos Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi @manuel.ludwig,

No, this fix will be included in SP2.

Kind regards.
    Ernesto.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.