Record component + E-Mail Sender - Part.2

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by hpioteput, Nov 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hpioteput

Hi,

After last fix of the VAD file from record component store in folder all cases. This work fine.

But I need in functionality for checking "if file exists".

Here is the sense: When caller have recorded voice mail and hang up the phone, File stored in folder (this greate) but callflow not entered in no one branches of "record component".

In next step I'd like to send "project$.WavFileName" thru "e-mail sender" IF "project$.WavFileName" exists.
    I tried to use "File management" component but it don't support dynamic file names.
    I tried to use "Scripting.FileSystemObject" COM object but it raise "error.semantic.ecmascript"
    I tried to send email with my attachment, but when "project$.WavFileName" don't exists on disk - "email sender component" crashed.
    In JavaScript no functions to check of existing of the file.

There is no ability to use COM and NET and ASP (PHP), because external code can't locate where(directory) current IVR placed and started.
    I have no abilities to detect build number "<DebugBuildNumber> and <ReleaseBuildNumber>" to build directory location to use in my external code.

I need:
    VAD Expression, for example FILE_EXISTS or
    supporting in "File management" component of dynamical file names,
    or if "E-Mail sender" component configure to use attachment file and this file don't exists then "e-mail sender" will send email without attachment and errors (now it crashes)

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

PS: I can't use fixed file name because it can raise file-collision in case of multiple callers leave voicemail at some time.

2. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

We definitely need to add more built-in components to do what you are trying to do. For example, check if a file exists, or allow doing other operations with files (file management component only allows to read or write files, not move, copy, delete, etc.).

In the short term, we can change the E-mail sender component behavior to avoid trying to send an attachment if the file does not exist, so it does not cause the runtime error you're experiencing.

Also, we can create a new variable containing the current directory where the application has been deployed, that way you can use that variable as a parameter for an External Code Execution component and do what you need in a .NET DLL.

We'll prepare this changes during this week and upload a new release as soon as possible.

Thanks for your feedback!

3. hpioteput

Hello,

This will be nice to see it in feature.

Yes it will be best solution in my situation (short time).
    For example you can add new setting in the E-mail sender component - "Check for attachment" if it sets to "true" then behavior of the E-mail sender component the same as now, if "Check for attachment" sets to "false" then E-mail sender component send email in all cases (attachment file exists or not).

Can you modify E-mail sender component ASAP?

Thanks.

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Hi,

We're working on this changes. I'll let you know as soon as we have it ready for release.

Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.