Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Record component

Discussion in 'CRM / Helpdesk / App Integration' started by elantech, Aug 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elantech

Record component after recording generate error error.semantic.ecmascript
    Only for me?

2. elantech

Sorry, error was from next component E-Mail Sender.
    Let's discuss record component in this topic anywhere :)

3. elantech

I want to send via email recorded audio.
    I should save it to file and send file?

4. VAD_Support

VAD_Support Active Member

Yes, you need to save it to a file, and then send the file attached in an e-mail message.
    Are you having any problem with that?

5. elantech

Yes, have :)
    When i set the component to save the file, component end with same error.

6. VAD_Support

If you get the error.semantic.ecmascript error, you probably forgot to quote the file name.
    The file name is an expression, so you can create the name dinamically. So, if you want to save the audio to the file Record.wav, you need to quote it like:
    'Record.wav'

In the e-mail sender component, when you attach a file, the file name is an expression too. So, you need to add quotes there too.

As a common rule, everywhere you have the expression editor button, what is in the left is an expression, and if you want a constant string, you need to add quotes to it.

Let me know if this helped.

7. elantech

Thank you!

If i set Filename to 'somefile.wav' all ok.
    When to 'c:\somefile.wav' isnot work.
    Also i tryed 'c:\\somefile.wav', 'c:/somefile.wav' - not work.
    May be it is permission issues?

8. VAD_Support

The problem is that the VAD callflow is executing as a web application, and the web server does not allow it to write outside the web site... So the file needs to be stored under C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\3CX\Data\Http\Interface\ivr.

If you need to save it somewhere else, you will need to temporaly save it in the default folder, and then move it using an External Code Execution component, calling a .NET DLL that moves the file outside the web server folder...

9. elantech

So, my Record component save to file 'somefile.wav' (i saw this file in the folder of app under program files).
    Next Email Sender component can't send this file. In attachement property i setup 'somefile.wav' (without path, with quotas)
    Without attachements email sent OK.
    What it can be?

10. elantech

Can you explain how i construct path for saving files and reading?

11. elantech

Sorry for to many posts.

I found that best way for work with files is to set path for saving and loading like 'Recording\filename.wav'. Files saved under working path of application.

12. VAD_Support

Hi,

First I suggest that you try to save and read the file under the working folder. To do this, set the "FileName" property of the Record component to 'Record.wav' (with quotes).

In order to send that file as an e-mail attachment, you need to configure the E-mail sender component with a single attachment row:
    Name: Record.wav (without quotes)
    File: 'Record.wav' (with quotes)

Why setting Name and File? The "Name" is the name of the file that will be received by the user in the e-mail. This is a constant value (not an expression) so it does not need to be quoted. The "File" is the relative path to the file. In this case it is the same than the name because it is in the working directory, but it could contain folders, etc. It must contain quotes because it is an expression.

You can use the expression editor to build an expression and create file names or paths using variables, like the caller number, date and time, etc.

No problem with too many posts, we want to improve this application to be more simple to use, so your feedback is very valuable.

Thanks,

13. elantech

Thank you.

After pressing # component wait about 10sec with silence. It is normal?

14. VAD_Support

It depends on how you configured the component. If "Terminate by DTMF" is set to true, then it should finish when any DTMF digit is detected. If it is set to false, then it waits to hear "Final Silence" seconds of silence.

15. elantech

Iam about behavior with "Press DTMF" option.

16. VAD_Support

If the "Terminate by DTMF" option is set to true, then recording should finish when 3CX detects any DTMF digit.
    What phone are you using for testing this? Is it configured to send DTMF digits with RFC2833 or SIP INFO methods? If you configure the phone to send DTMF inband, 3CX may not detect them...

17. elantech

Iam testing with 3CX Softphone and incoming call into my external number via cell phone.

18. VAD_Support

Does it happen with both origins, softphone and external line?
    Can you verify if your PSTN gateway is sending DTMF digits with RFC2833 or SIP INFO?
    Can you show me the configuration form of the record component?

19. elantech

In both cases.
    With call on external line digits transfer via RFC2833.
    Screenshot of the settings in the attachement.

Attached Files:

20. VAD_Support

Do you have a menu component before? Just to see if DTMF digits are being detected.
    What component do you have after the Record component? Maybe the silence is not because of the record component, but in the following one...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.