Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

RECORD FROM TELEPHONE

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by rgrunert, Dec 15, 2015.

1. rgrunert

recording optional

make the recording function per user optional

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. FINSERVICE

Hello,

we use very often the recording function of the CTI.

It would be very useful to have the ability to record from the phone itself (for example with a custom code).
    We have a lot of desk with phones and no PC, and so these users cannot record at all and this is a big problem for us.

Please add this feature as soon as possible!

Thank you

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

you don't mention your phone make/model but I already do this without issue.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. 12494

12494 Member

If call recording is important I would just turn it on for all calls. After all, if you wait for the agent to push the button, in many cases the needed audio will have already passed by.

Regards,
    Allen

5. livn46

Craig, I'm curious how you set this up: for individuals who usually just use their deskphone, I had to put their softphone in CTI mode and teach them how to record using that. Like the OP, I also didn't think there was a way to record using a deskphone. Do you have a softkey programmed on the phone itself that will record? We use Polycom SP331s, and there is no record button anywhere. Do some phone models come with that built-in?

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

In a previous life I used Yealink and there was a BLF called "RECORD".
    I do not see that working on the Grand.stream brand.
    Doh!