• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Record IVR

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cynthia Slade

Reaction score
I believe that in V10 you can record an IVR from your phone for use with the digital receptionist et al. I cannot find any documentation or how to's. Is is possible to record the IVR from my phone? And if it is possible, is there documentation somewhere? Thank you for your help.

If you mean from the MyPhone application without the use of a hard or soft phone, the answer is no.My phone is simply a management tool to help users get a more visual overview of the system along with a user interface that allows them to manage or accomplish certain tasks that the phone can do, but using the GUI screen rather than key pushes on the phone itself.

lneblett said:
If you mean from the MyPhone application without the use of a hard or soft phone, the answer is no.My phone is simply a management tool to help users get a more visual overview of the system along with a user interface that allows them to manage or accomplish certain tasks that the phone can do, but using the GUI screen rather than key pushes on the phone itself.
i think he's right

From what I understand of the question you want to know how to record an IVR message using your actual handset, correct? If that is the case you simply go to your 3cx management console--->digital receptionist--->click on the record icon--->name the audo file---?pick an extension from which to record your IVR message. Once you have selected the extension and pressed OK that extension will ring prompting you to begin recording your IVR message. I hope this helps

Thank you. That was exactly what I needed to know. :)

The picture in the v10 manual page 48 - all it has is Prompt Name, Browse and Play. No record icon.
The version 11 manual shows the record icon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.