Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Recording a voicemail and pressing pound key

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by ahmed24, Jul 25, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ahmed24

By default when leaving a voice message for an extension, it seems we have to press the # key for options and then choose to save the message. Is there a way to disable this requirement so that after the beep, a person can just record their message and hangup?

2. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

The message indicates something to the effect - that please leave your message and press # or press * to reach the operator. I do not believe pressing # is required, only that the length of the message meet the minimum time as set in the VM settings (v15) and then the user may simply hang-up.

Of course, the message implies that pressing # is needed, but you could find that particular WAV file and re-record it to your liking and replace using the same name and recording criteria.

3. Michael Menor

@ahmed24 Did you find a way to remove the # prompt?

I have the same issue with the Digital Receptionist when using the "Transfer to Voicemail" option - it prompts the user to "Press # after recording" the message, if they don't press it, it will not send/save the voicemail. The only workaround that I found for this is to change the Digital Receptionist option from "Transfer to Voicemail" to "Connect to Extension", which will let the phone ring and they will eventually get the user's voicemail prompt.

BTW, I'm using v15

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.