Recording announcement on incoming calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by gloval, Apr 4, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gloval

Hello,

In accordance with GDPR policies we need to inform all people calling to our numbers that the call is being recorded. The first solution comes to my mind is to use a Digital Receptionist but the problem is there are more than 100 DID numbers in the system. Adding a DR for each Inbound Route is not that easy because it will take many extension numbers for functioning and there is no any copy/duplicate mechanism to simplify adding new DRs.

Is there a better way to do it?

Andrew

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

Your approach is my standard answer when asked about notifying people that the call is being recorded. It's fairly straightforward if you have just a few routing destinations, but if you have hundreds of routes that becomes unmanageable in my opinion.

What if we could simulate a barge that plays a recorded message at the start of each call? That sounds horrible except for specific situations like queue calls, but if it is a queue call, you could use the queue's intro prompt. I have tested this before and was able to automate the barging in to a call to play a prerecorded message if you can think of an acceptable way to put it into practice. We would just use a service and the Call Control API to do it.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.