Recording based on CID

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by benf, Jan 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. benf

This might require some out of the box help, or maybe a 3rd party app. I have a client who has a help desk manager who calls our office and several times has berated some of my staff because he is very non-technical. When I speak to him as the IT Director its not the same thing.

I wanted to record calls but just his call, he calls from his cell or a DID which is always the same (or good enough in this scenario). Instead of asking the techs to always remember to 'start recording' i was hoping to just have it record all calls from XXX-XXX-XXXX .

I was thinking even creating a separate incoming rule and have it record all calls on that rule?

2. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Not possible with 3CX, not sure also for any trick with CFD.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. benf

Yeah, I can make an incoming CID rule easy enough but still along the whole call path is no recording option. Even a call queue would work, we have the Pro module, and we already have the CID rule ready with different call pathing.

4. sip.bg

sip.bg Active Member

Call recording is based on extensions, involved into call, not on trunk or call route path.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Based on CID, you would have to forward the caller to one extension, that had recording enabled.

6. benf

Right but that extension has to just have 'record all calls' enabled right? I mean it doesnt look like its possible to do what Im hoping for .I was thinking even a call queue like a call center would let you record on the queue for mgmt purposes .. not that huge of a deal, just was hoping something i could automate, asking the techs to do it by hand every time this person calls is a little much

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.