Solved Recording From IP Phones

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Yiannos Ioannou, Feb 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yiannos Ioannou

Dear all ,

Is it a dial code or an IP Phone with a recording button ? Or only from 3cx client can a user records calls ?

Thank you

2. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @Yiannos Ioannou

Please note that when the Option "Record all Calls" is enabled under extension settings then all calls of the extension are recorded regardless of the device used. The client gives you the option to pause or stop the recording which is not possible from an IP phone.

3. Yiannos Ioannou

Hello @YiannisH_3CX

Thank you for your reply.

So if i don't click on the recording option in the management console , i'm able to record by clicking the recording button in the client ?

4. Yiannos Ioannou

@YiannisH_3CX

That means there is no way to record through an IP Phone such as a snom D375 that has a recording button. Only from a client

5. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

I wonder what would happen if you created a Call Flow Designer application (CFD) that toggles recording on/off for your extension. The CFD could then be programmed as a BLF on your VoIP phone. But I don't think you could press that button while in an active call. You might have to put the caller on hold, press the BLF, then take the caller off hold. Yuck. Naturally, 3CX Phone for Windows has a record button as well as the web client... It might also be possible to manually program a BLF to call an external URL that performs the toggle.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Yes you are able to record on demand from a client.

There are phones with a dedicated recording button that does work. If pressed it should start recording. I have specifically tried it with a D375 and it works.

7. voiptoys

voiptoys Member

Cool. I didn't know that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  8. Yiannos Ioannou

@YiannisH_3CX

Thank you for your feedback.

I have also configure another snom phone and remove the hold button and program it for record and its working too.

YiannisH_3CX likes this.
  9. YiannisH_3CX

Staff Member 3CX Support

Glad i could help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.