• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Recording not working for some extensions

Status
Not open for further replies.

amohod

Reaction score
Hi,

I am working with one customer who has 3CX 12.0 version. He is facing issue with call recording. Recording has stopped for some of the extension. And stop date is not common and it is varying. There is enough space in hard disk and i do not see any difference in configuration between working and non working phones. The option record all calls is enabled for all extension.

Majority of extension customer has are remote users and all are using 3cx softphone. There are connecting through VPN to 3cx phone system. Again here recording is working for some extension. Can't really say which part is blocking recording.

Please guide me how to resolve this issue and what will be best practices for vpn users.

Regards
Avinash

Hi there,
Are you running latest version of 3CX Phone System (v12 SP6.1) ? if not please update, see if issue persists.
Also, hard drive sleep modes are known to cause issues on recordings and should be disabled.
Finally, recording path should be local and not UAS. If UAS, please change to local.

Thanks for your reply...if I go in 3cx service pack/update I see latest version as 3CX Phone System Version 12 Service Pack Update 6 Build 36097.670. Is this correct version?

Regarding hard disk sleep mode, I will make changes and see if that helps.

Regarding recording path what is mean by UAS and local...Right now recording is stored in usb hard disk attach to 3cx server.

Regards
Avinash

Yes version seems correct,

By UAS I mean network sharing, which is not reliable for recordings storage as the connection might not be permanent.
USB hard drive/NAS are not recommended neither, please look into moving the harddrive in UC for better performances and supported environment.
By local I mean internal hard drive only.

Hi.....As per your instruction I moved the recording to internal hard disk. After moving to internal hard disk recording start working.

I have one question regarding internal calls. when extn 1 call extn 2, I see recording only in one extn folder. is this by design or a issue.

Thanks for your help.

Regards
Avinash

Hi,
Perfect.
About your other question, it is by design, only one file will be written per call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deanhbs
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.