Recording option disappeared

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AlieChris, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AlieChris

Hello,

We're facing an issue with the recording.
    Our call queues managers have been able to record calls on demand through the switchboard for a long time now. Unfortunetly, this option has disappeared from the right click menu on a call for a while now.
    No upgrade nor change in the configuration has been made, at least not that I'm aware of.

I've checked that
    • the call queue manager and the agent are part of the same extension group
    • the agent has the "Show presence, show calls to group members" rights
    • the manager has the "Can see group members, Can see group calls, Perform receptionist operations on active calls group members..." rights
    • the managers are defined as call queue manager (even if it's not related to the ability to record calls)

This happens from the on the latest version 3CX Windows client either in softphone or CTI mode.

Am I missing something ?

Many thanks for any help

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AlieChris

Please tell us, what is the browser you are using?
    Do you face the same issue also when on incognito/private window?
    Can you provide us with a screenshot?

3. AlieChris

Hello IoannisM_3CX,

Thanks for you reply. We're not using any brower at all.

We're using the 3CX Client for Windows. In the Switchboard, you can see incoming and established calls. On established calls, once a call queue agent has answered, a manager is able to right click on the call and access to management features such has divert, transfer, whisper, barge in and record.

As you can see on the provided sreenshot, we do have all the features except the record one. It doesn't appear in the right click context menu anymore despites all the checks I've mentionned above.

Maybe I'm missing something here...

Edit: there's an "unknown error" when trying to upload a .jpg or .png file for the screenshot you requested. I'll try to sort this out to provide you with a screenshot

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. IoannisM_3CX

IoannisM_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AlieChris

Sorry, my bad, i assumed you were using the webclient.

Kindly note that the record option is only available if the the extension of the manager is participating in the call. If i can recall correctly, this option was never available, recording or stop recording someone else's calls.

For example:

ext 000 is the Queue manager
    ext 001 is a Queue agent
    ext 002 is a Queue agent

call between ext 000 and 001--> ext 000 can stop or start recording
    call between ext 001 and 002-->ext 000 cannot stop or start recording

5. AlieChris

Hi@ Ioannis,

Thanks for your feedback.
    I'll run some tests and verifications about how the end-users used precisely this feature and come back to you soon.

Chris

6. AlieChris

Hello @Ioannis,

The generated .WAV files of a call recording are place under the extension subfolder of the individual initiating the recording.
    Yet, we do have such .WAV files of a call between an external caller and an agent created under the manager extension subfolder. Manager are able to record calls, for example in customer services for quality, training and legal purpose. It's been working on our PBX.

You do not need to be either the caller or the callee to record the call. And that's precisely what's not working anymore in my case.

Chris

7. AlieChris

Hello,
    Any updates on this topic ?

Thanks a lot,
    Chris

8. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AlieChris

You are correct as this was possible, and still is possible though the Web client. We are looking into the issue with the 3CX windows client and i will update you once we have something. Until then please use the web client for this. Apologies for the confusion on this subject.

9. AlieChris

Hello,

Any news about this issue ?

10. YiannisH_3CX

YiannisH_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hello @AlieChris

Please note that the issue has been identified and the fix will be included in the next service pack release. Thank you for reporting

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.