Recording Path on NAS

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by surfie, Oct 27, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. surfie

Hello,

I'm wondering how to set the "Recording Path" in the Global Options to an UNC Path. I tried to set the value to \\192.168.0.xx\record or by a network drive like x:\ Both values didn't work. Maybe the problem are the permissions, but there is no chapter in the manual explaining the needs.

Thanks for help

2. bluetel2

bluetel2 Member

Hello,

try to mount network drive in serveur, and next use letter to this network drive.

Next you can use script to check if network drive is all time up.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. LeonidasG

LeonidasG Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

As far as i can remember when we implemented the Option to change the Recording path, choosing network paths was debated and rejected due to Security / Need for a Password to write to that location and some other issues that Network Writing would cause.

You can only save your Recordings somewhere on the Local Machine unfortunately, but i would feel safer if i double checked that tomorrow just to be 100% sure.

If it's performance you are trying to increase by saving your Recordings on the NAS i find it a bit pointless since unless you have a pretty hardcore staff making over 80 Sim Calls all the time all day with the Recording Setting ON, i dont see the benefit of putting the Recording Path anywhere else than the 3CX Server it's self.

Or is it something else you are trying to achieve?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. surfie

Hello,

the reason is more we have our 3CX server virtualized using SAS Storage. So a simple NAS with SATA HDDs is a much more cheaper storage than a SAS RAID or SAN solutions.

5. lantone

Hi, is there a solution/hotfix for this problem? It is very critical to be able to record to NAS, as server SAS storage is really expensive.

6. mfm

mfm Active Member

You should have a look at this thread:

http://www.3cx.com/forums/record-and-monitor-calls-6575.html#p32819

7. lmathers

Mark - your link:

doesn't work.

It says that I'm not authorised to view that forum, even though I'm registered and logged in.

I get the feeling this thread would help with my current issue.

8. mfm

mfm Active Member

Hi,

Sorry about that, you must be a 3CX partener to acess the link, It had a bundle of information as to why it could not be done. But it also has a link posted by a user to an external program that might assist you. I personally have never tired it, and I am sure the are a lot of options out there you may try.
    Code:
    http://www.telrex.com/google_download_callrex.htm?gclid=CNaNp_Dx5ZQCFQ4YQgodOVv7Qg

9. abc123

abc123 Active Member

Can I suggest a simple option of a windows script to run and move recordings from the local drive to the NAS? This can be run under task scheduler as often as you need it (daily, weekly, hourly etc).

10. sigma1

sigma1 Active Member

Save to a local path then use a program like SmartSync to do a MOVE and put it on the NAS. You can set it up for real time monitoring of the folder. Once moved it will be deleted.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.