• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Recording VoIP Provider or PSTN calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronN

Reaction score
Hello,

Is there an option to record calls coming into the 3CX system from VoIP Providers or PSTN devices? I know we can record all calls on an extension-by-extension basis, but is there a way to record calls on a DID-by-DID basis regardless of which extension/auto-attendant eventually picks up the call?

Thanks,

Aaron

not really sure why you want to record someone pressing a prompt but but your voip carrier may support this, or for pstn you can bridge the line to a recording device. I dont think the 3cx will record anything that is not to an actual extension.

We're not necessarily worried about recording people pressing prompts. We're more concerned about making sure all calls to certain DIDs are recorded no matter what extension they go to. For example, we want all incoming calls on public lines recorded, but don't necessarily need to worry about incoming calls on a users private DID line.

Another example is the need to record all calls to our Customer Service queue. We could record all calls on the extensions assigned to the queues, but then we're going to have all of their internal calls as well as their outgoing calls.

We have a solution in place now that takes care of the analog PSTN lines; however, I'm wondering if there's something similar that can be done with calls coming in over a SIP trunk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NGPMH
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.