Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Recording VoIP Provider or PSTN calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AaronN, Aug 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AaronN

Hello,

Is there an option to record calls coming into the 3CX system from VoIP Providers or PSTN devices? I know we can record all calls on an extension-by-extension basis, but is there a way to record calls on a DID-by-DID basis regardless of which extension/auto-attendant eventually picks up the call?

Thanks,

Aaron

2. willow

willow Member

not really sure why you want to record someone pressing a prompt but but your voip carrier may support this, or for pstn you can bridge the line to a recording device. I dont think the 3cx will record anything that is not to an actual extension.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AaronN

We're not necessarily worried about recording people pressing prompts. We're more concerned about making sure all calls to certain DIDs are recorded no matter what extension they go to. For example, we want all incoming calls on public lines recorded, but don't necessarily need to worry about incoming calls on a users private DID line.

Another example is the need to record all calls to our Customer Service queue. We could record all calls on the extensions assigned to the queues, but then we're going to have all of their internal calls as well as their outgoing calls.

We have a solution in place now that takes care of the analog PSTN lines; however, I'm wondering if there's something similar that can be done with calls coming in over a SIP trunk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.