Recording

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by datamerge, Jul 31, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. datamerge

datamerge New Member

If I do a demand recording through Windows phone in CTI mode, the record button goes blue, indicating that the call is recording. When I finish and go into my recordings list, there are no recordings.

I have given the user access to recordings. The extension is also set to record all calls and there are recordings successfully saved in the management console.

Am I doing something wrong?

Mark

2. Aram

Aram Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Hi Mark,

You wrote "The extension is also set to record all calls and there are recordings successfully saved in the management console.
    ". This what is wrong.

The recording is already enabled for that extension (you are recording ALL calls), then you press Record from the 3CX phone. This will stop the recording.
    The button goes blue, because in CTI mode we are not able to get the current status of recording yet. We will work on this.

So, please, or use "Recording ALL calls" and do not press record button from the 3CX phone. Or disable the "Recording ALL calls" and start recording from the 3CX Phone.

3. datamerge

datamerge New Member

OK Thanks Aram.

So to recap. If I set all calls to be recorded, the record button has the reverse effect? I.E. It disables recording that call?

I found out why I could not see the recordings from the 3CX client. Under the 3CX client in phone provisioning tab, there is a tick box that needs to be set correctly.

Cheers

Mark

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

Not exactly, if you have the "Record All Calls" enabled for an extension and you press the "Rec" button in the 3CXPhone app turning it blue, at that point nothing happens and the call continues to be recorded. If though you press the "Rec" button again, that will lat that point stop the recording.

5. datamerge

datamerge New Member

Thanks Nick.

Regards

Mark

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.