Recordings Missing from 3CXPhone Interface

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jasonhayes, Jul 24, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Anyone else noticed that 3CX is not showing all the recordings under the 3CXPhone interface (settings, recordings). The recordings are all there, if you browse for them via the server (windows explorer) and look for them, they just not all appear under the Windows 3CXPhone. This is a big issue, as we use these to listern back to catch missed information in a call. We don't allow everyone to have access to the recordings location on the server (so they can't delete them). This has only happened since V12 SP6 upgrade.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi jason,
    Do you see those missing recordings in web reports for the matching calls ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Yes appears on the 3CX Call Log Report and plays.

It simply doesn't appear within the Windows 3CXPhone Application.

tis a real pain, I don't really want to give everyone access to Reports. If is waste of my time, having to email the wav files around.

Is anyone else having this issue?

Details of log for recording not showing:
    Call Time,Caller ID,Destination,Status,Ringing,Talking,Cost,REC
    30/07/2014 16:00:58,,801->743,Answered,00:00:38,00:01:32,0.00,PLAY

4. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Anyone having this issue, we are still.

5. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

After some research it appears to be calls starting with []_

[Jack Gilchrist.... and [BAT Phone%3.... Show within 3CX Windows phone. All the others (as shown) don't appear within 3CX Windows Phones, they do if you browse to the file location.

Attached Files:

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

We've just tried to reproduce your issue, with inbound call coming in without any From : Display Name, this resulted in the call getting listed in recordings of 3CXPhone and being downloadable with filename []...., the only issue we could see was the timestamp shown which was 0000-00-00. This we reported to R&D.
    Perhaps your recording are there too but just got on the beggining of time so you need to scroll to bottom?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

I think you are correct (ss below). Found loads at the botton of the list. If you try playing the file, it shows the filename which you can kinda of guess when the recording happened. This is a big issue for us as we need to listern back to calls, whilst giving access to the reports (which they are listed and can be play) is an answer it is not ideal. Hope it will be fixed soon.

Attached Files:

8. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Please can someone help. I feel I'm being pushed from 3CX to Beronet and not getting anywhere. Since (I believe) we moved from our Granstream to Beronet PSTN Gateway (it may have been a 3CX update) we have been losing Call Recordings from within 3CX MyPhone. We have now discovered they are appearing at the bottom on the list because the file format is []_-445_20140925104612(3393).wav rather than []_unknown-445_20140605163243(2551).wav You can not find them as they appear in the list as 01/01/0001 00:00:00, we have loads. You can see this from the Call Reports attached that the caller ID has gone from "Unknown" to being blank. Can anyone help fix this? We have normal BT lines with no caller ID, so expect all incoming calls to be Unknown.

Attached Files:

9. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    I think the key is indeed in your beronet dial plan, could you put a screenshot of it so we can see perhaps why calls comes as anonymous?
    Did you try to contact beronet support?

10. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

I have contacted Beronet, but they felt it was a 3CX issue. They advised to change the New source to "unknown", however that hasn't made any difference, so today I have changed backed to "\1". My issue is, if we had caller ID, I would like it to loged the number ie "018232790" or no caller ID (as we don't have on our lines), it uses "unknown" or "anonymous" or something!

Attached Files:

11. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

Just to confirm, I'm not going mad, all the below appear within 3CX call recording (in date order), apart from the top one (see attachment). If I rename it from []_-445_2015..... to [anonymouse]_anonymous-445_2015..... 3CX MyPhone can see it within the Recording tab. However when I do rename, when trying to play from reports, it says file is missing, which of course I would expect as the database will have it under the old name. I can fix things so people can at least listern back to their recordings via 3CX MyPhone, but really don't like rename files full time!

Attached Files:

12. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there,
    The dial plan screenshot you provided looks fine, I think the issue here is still to be investigated in the beronet because for some reason it sends empty fields on Invites to pbx. Debug traces would show exactly what's received from telco and what's sent to PBX.

Btw what firmware version are you running on the gateway ?

13. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

BeroNet are not intrested. I'm caught in the middle between 3CX and BeroNet, who both say they work with each other and is tested. I have setup the BeroNet and 3CX as per 3CX Instructions.... http://www.3cx.com/voip-gateways/beronet-berofix-400/

Firmware details in the attachment.

Attached Files:

14. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Can you open a support ticket at 3CX so we can investigate this further?

15. jasonhayes

jasonhayes New Member

How do I do that?

16. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

You need to be a 3cx partner or purchase support package.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.