• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Recurrent problem-license lost after rebootWin 7**NETWORK

Status
Not open for further replies.

igor.snezhko

Reaction score
Hi!

I have very annoying problem with several customers. 3CX license information completely lost after machine reboot.

These customers all using Windows 7 and static IP address.

This become a real headache! I have no clue what is a problem, why license info loosing after reboot.

Please help!

Re: Recurrent problem - license info lost after reboot. Win

Hi, can you disable any Anti-Virus software, make sure it wont enable it self on reboot.

test and confrim if you still get the issue, i wonder, if your AV software is removing the licence file

Is it actually "lost", though?

I see the key dissapear from the screen, but the installation remains licensed.

No, license become FREE. I can each time reenter license info. I have no idea why this happens AT EVERY customer that use Windows 7.

This is my problem, so i hope you can help me now, i am going to format my laptop ( win 7 64 bit )

No, do not format. This is 3CX problem, that need URGENT fix.

louis2609 , are you using English, or some localized Windows version?

Are you using an administrator account ?

Try running the software as an admin, and see if that changes the situation.

I think that 3CX tries to write the key in the registry or in a path on the computer. If you do not use an admin account, Windows 7 won't allow this.

Yes, as administrator. UAC turned off also.

I have connected to working 3CX system via TeamViewer. Really, license is lost, but the license info still appear at 3CX License. I see that after reboot, all "commercial" services not running (fax, conference, parking)

Only after entering license info and restarting, 3CX come to work.

There is no evident problem in the 3CX Licence.

However what I can say is that the erp last week was down for maintenance at specific times. So if a reboot occurred at that time, the erp would not be available and at restart the licence would be lost.

Can we check this?

First to confirm whether what I am saying is correct do the following:

Confirm that you have the pbx licenced./
Access https://erp.3cx.com. If a login page comes up it means erp is up.

Then restart the machine or the services - what ever you want.

If the pbx comes unlicensed contact me immediately. If not you have your answer and you were unlucky that at the time of restart, the erp was under maintenance.

We have to distinguish problems like these. This is something that can break only if there is a bug or id there is no internet or erp is down. (or firewall block)

If you have a build that at one point had licence activation ok, then 3CX software itself cannot be blamed unless we make an update with a bug. So other factors must be considered.

Also if this is a bug, a whole havoc would arise within the 3CX community not just 3-4 people. Also if we had a bug we would not leave this for long and guarantee a global fix within a couple of hours. Rest assured.

Everyone's licence is activated now correct?

I can assume this was the problem.

Re: Recurrent problem-license lost after rebootWin 7**NETWOR

No. I found a possible problem.

The problem, as I said, appear only on Windows 7. The common peculiarity of these customers is using of Oktell SIP GSM Gateway. This software gateway use USB Huawei GSM Voice Modems for GSM network connectivity.

These modems appears as network card in Windows.

When Windows 7 starting, it seems, that 3CX Phone System service starts before SIP GSM Service (or before modem driver). So, 3CX not see these modems (network cards),

Because 3CX licensing mechanism use network information, but modems are absent, the license goes away... :eek: :oops: :lol: :x :twisted: :mrgreen:

The evident solution is to delay startup of 3CX Phone System. So I set 3CX Database Service, that a first starting service to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Now I testing this solution.

igor.snezhko said:
No. I found a possible problem.

Because 3CX licensing mechanism use network information, but modems are absent, the license goes away... :eek: :oops: :lol: :x :twisted: :mrgreen:

The evident solution is to delay startup of 3CX Phone System. So I set 3CX Database Service, that a first starting service to Automatic (Delayed Start).

Now I testing this solution.
:) 3CX Phone System should wait until SIP GSM Service will start...
Are you joking?

Yes. Currently I testing this statement.

You should title the posts properly because we thought this was a valid post.

Yes Of course - we will implement delayed startup of 3CX in the next coming version - I will also send instructions to 3CX Phone System to go and make you a coffee as well until you test your statements. How do you want it? Black or white?

and this is the mac address problem i told you about a few posts ago

What is the mac address problem you reproduce? Please specify clearly on this with proper technical details. We are not aware of any mac address problems. What we are aware is that if the mac address of the machine changes or a new mac address is detected on the machine, then the current licence activation is rejected and you will need to reactivate again. This is one of the factors of how the licence activation works to prevent fraudulent licences.

Let me clarify everything.

First, Igor clearly described the problem: if Win7 has a SIP GSM installed - it has its own network interfaces (with MAC, IP and everything) added after GSM driver/service booted. It seems that GSM service starts _after_ 3CX PBX in normal conditions. That means, PBX will not have GSM MACs at the moment it validates license. So it finds it to be invalid (because on the time of activation those GSM MACs were present and included in license info).

So, simplest way to fix that is to make sure that GSM MACs are already in system when 3CX SIP server starts. I think it should be possible by manually adding dependency of 3CX SIP server on GSM service. Or, just delay start of 3CX SIP server. What's wrong with it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.