Recurring scheduled conference call

Discussion in 'Ideas' started by impact4, Dec 2, 2015.

Recurring scheduled conference call 4.8 5 29votes
4.8/5, 29 votes

1. impact4

Currently there is no option in 3cx to schedule a conference call on a recurring basis, I have a number of customers that have weekly conference calls at the same time and same day of the week and this feature of making a call recurring would help, currently you have to create the conference for each and every week, yes you could do this advance but that’s very time consuming.

klentz, Jeremy Bero, jed and 5 others like this.
  2. PatrickTodd

It would be great if you could assign a permanent extension to a conference room too.

3. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

so playing devils advocate, what happens when its a holiday? does it assume to skip it?
    and, what if someone is home sick that is the leader of the call and emails everyone to cancel. then boom - at 10am, the system calls everyone.

just asking...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. lucas1

Reoccurring conference schedule and/or permanent option please. We have clients including ourselves that hold weekly meetings over the conference phone. Rescheduling conference calls every week is a bit annoying.

tpheasant likes this.
  5. tkishel

Vote++

tpheasant likes this.
  6. SupportRequestor

This would be a very useful feature. In regards to the above situations:
    1. Have the ability to cancel individual occurrences.
    2. Have the ability to disable auto-dialing for conferences (this feature can be undesirable for some end-users).
    3. Have 3CX send out cancellation notices so when an occurrence or series is deleted it automatically notifies the attendees (this is a fairly critical feature on its own given that it's a road block for scheduling a conference call and a resource such as a conference room at the same time--especially in scenarios where only IT admins are the only ones who can directly edit what is on a resource's calendar).

A dream feature would be to allow people to schedule conference calls directly from Outlook (where they schedule everything else they do) by inviting the phone system as a resource. That'd be a pain to design though.

tpheasant and Almighty Burrito like this.
  7. andre212

I would love a good recurring conference setting as well.

jed and tpheasant like this.
  8. Almighty Burrito

Outlook integration would solve this as it could take over the recurring/scheduling as well as sending out cancellation notices, requesting response in the invites, scheduling assistance for availability/conflicts, etc.

By and large the most requested feature from our users is Outlook integration, similar to what Skype and other conferencing solutions already have.

9. Neonjoe

Please add this. I have clients that also have weekly meetings with external reps and having to schedule a conference call with the same people, at the same time, on the same day of the week, every week of the year is redundant and should be handled with automation.

paula13 likes this.
  10. PatrickF

Plus 1!
    My company needs this as well! Any ideas when this will get implemented?

11. Andrew Powers

I would also like to see this. Another dream feature would be for attendees that are members of the system to be able to see the conference participants in the 3cx client similar to what the organizer sees. Even with announce, some of our users have to do roll call on their weekly meetings because they didn't schedule the conference.

paula13 likes this.
  12. Jean-Francois Godbout

would like to see a way to add a permanent conference ID too

13. mikeimpo

We would love to see this implemented as well.

14. cydney

I see this thread is several years old but still this is something that needs to be added and is a just a common place with other conferencing services , along with being able to dial into a video conference.

Personally I have a fickle bunch that know nothing of IT or computers really, but they are swift to let me know that with any small thing that; "Well GoToMeeting( let me do it. Why doesn't this?" Which I just have to say: "It's something that I will be in a future release. hehe."

Streaky likes this.
  15. Streaky

My company is crying out for this feature and equally let me know that other conferencing services have a re-occurring scheduling feature. Would be a great and welcomed addition.

16. ProudCanadian

I too have users demanding this feature for their regular meetings

17. ovizii

I guess it ain't gonna happen :-/

18. klentz

Allow the recurring meetings to have the ability to reschedule one or all in the series and that will address this question. This is what happens in Outlook.

19. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

...and 18 months later with 26 votes and no traction from 3cx. Perhaps most folks use 3rd party solutions.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  20. klentz

With no other option, it's what we have to do. It is so crazy inefficient to re-create the conferences every time.