• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Red Phones after SP2 Update, AutoProvision Doesn't Work DNS Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

JStellato

Platinum Partner
Basic Certified
Reaction score
We are deploying a number of phone systems this week, and we've run into an autoprovision problem with T48G and T46G (It maybe more than that, but that's all we use for phones).

The problem appears in if the Yealink phone's provisioning URL is set to a DNS name, autoprovision never happens. I am a professional as far as networks are concerned and am intimately familiar with DNS. I have checked our resolution, forward/reverse and internal DNS servers, everything resolves properly and has the appropriate records.

If I change the provisioning URL from http://3cxserver:5000/provisioning/reallylongstring to http://192.168.1.1:5000/provisioning/reallylongstring and hit autoprovison on the phone, it works perfectly, but the URL reverts back to http://3cxserver:5000/provisioning/reallylongstring and if I want to reprovision I have to do that dance again.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?

Attachments

• redphones.PNG
    redphones.PNG
    16.2 KB · Views: 143
The red phones from what I've read so far are a way to show that you aren't using a default config file for the phones. It shouldn't indicate a problem with the phones themselves if I'm understanding it properly.

As for the provisioning link, I think there is a "%%PROVLINK%%" parameter specified several times that is a placeholder for the provisioning path in 3CX inside the config files that would be applied to your phones. It's likely the reason that it keeps changing the URL. With it being auto-generated though, one would think it would be accurate.

That what I can guess at so far.

Try upgrading the firmware.

Hi JStellato,

it looks like an issue with your custom Templates try to use the defaults Templates and let us know if you have the same issue

I didn't realize the red phones were custom templates. However on 2 new installations we did not use custom templates and experienced the same autoprovision problem. During the initial setup to "help" with the problem we have given up on using the DNS name for the local 3CX server, and just used the IP Address. The phones still do not show up in the phone tab, in my prep environment we don't use Windows Firewall, or AV.

Again the issue is the phones never automatically show up in the phones list. We have to manually enter the provisioning URL in the Yealink phones, and then they show up.

BTW We are a Gold partner under S.J. Rollins Technologies, Inc, I don't know how to switch my forum account to a partner account

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iTVerse
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.