Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Redirect to Management Console?

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Sopock, Jan 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sopock

Sopock Member

Hi!

I think it would be good to use redirect when we enter http://localip:5000/ (without /management/MainForm.wgx part)
    Code:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    The resource cannot be found.
    Requested URL: /

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  2. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

if this is a recommendation, then pot to the ideas forum.
    In my opinion, this is somewhat of a security concern. I prefer the longer URL.
    Nobody will guess this URL and try to hack in...

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Sopock

Sopock Member

Redirect menu

This solution would apply only to local network. But now I wonder how to enable access to web console and add new test host:

[​IMG] :S

4. NickD_3CX

NickD_3CX Support Team
    Staff Member 3CX Support

I would recommend being very careful about what is changed in the WebServer because 3CX uses that heavily for most of the functions it initiates, ideally not touch it at all. One slight mistake and most things will not work. The bad thing about this is that 3CX Support will also not fix it for you, they will instruct you to make a Full Backup (if you can get into the Management Console and that isn't broke), uninstall, re-install and go again.

Also I must let you know that Abyss is a bit 'picky' with what you change...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.