Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Redirecting a Number to our 3CX

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jlabuelo, May 8, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jlabuelo

Hi all

We have a 3CX PBX system in our office, and have hired an external number from a provider. We would like that number to be redirected to our 3CX system so we can also redirect the inbound calls to the right set of extensions.

This provider is a little bit diferent from the oher VoIP providers as they do not provide a VoIP service (incoming and outgoing calls). You hire with them a sales number (in Spain a 901XXXXXX) and they redirect the calls to your VoIP PBX.

I am telling this, because they did not provide to us any ip, login and password to create a VoIP Provider in our 3CX System, it is us who must provide to them an access way so they can link these calls to our system. Also they do not provide any contact or registration information for security reasons (they say).

Our first idea was to create an extension, with login and password and open ports 5060 in our Firewall to redirect the incoming data to the IP of our 3CX PBX system.

We have provide them this accessing data ( External IP "83.165.197.777" , port 5060, extension(779) login and password) and also have open the port in our firewall. However when we try to call this number, and their system tries to connect to ours one we get this error message :

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You will probably need to create a trunk and include their IP address (83.165.197.777 in SIP Server Host name or IP) so that 3CX knows it is not a hacker. No registration will be required. The password and user name are probably unimportant but you will probably have to put something in to satisfy 3CX. Direct the incoming call to the desired destination.

If you haven't done so already, you may need to enable allow Direct SIP Calls.

3. KerryG

KerryG Active Member

How do they direct the calls to your PBX? We can't help you without understanding that process. Do you need to have a phone number that they forward to? Do they initiate a SIP call?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I suspect that they are providing a service similar to IPKall, or ukddi.com.

5. mixig

mixig Active Member

I did that with DIDWW, they are DID provider, they only route calls to your PBX, on my account portal i pick up a DID and map that did with my ip address (or dyndns account) so every call destinated for that DID they send it to my ip (pbX). Before that i created sip trunk , add DID, source ID, and it is working (nedd to allow sip on my firewall from they sip server)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.