Redirecting outbound call to an extension

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Lyve1981, Apr 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lyve1981

Hello,

I would like to set up the following rule: If an extension X issues an outbound call by calling something like 0123 456789, I would like the call to be redirected to an extension Y if the extension is registered and ready to accept calls.

Is this possible at all?

In the outbound rules, I am unable to remove more than 9 digits from the dialed number and additionally, I am forced to select a gateway to use for dialing.

Any help is appreciated.

Regards,

Lyve

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

Yes, in a way. it was just a matter of finding it...

Postby SY » 09:04, Wed 25 May 2011
    Technically, the trick can be implemented using loopback SIP trunk.
    1. create SIP trunk with 127.0.0.1:5060
    2. create outbound rule(s) for this trunk. They should intecept all DID numbers
    3. attach existing inbound DIDs rules to this trunk

If everything is done correctly then all outgoing calls addressed to DID numbers will go to the loop back trunk and then returned as incoming calls which will be routed by inbound DID rules.

All call to a number will behave following the outbound rules. You won't be able to have a call go to the "real" outside number if the extension is not registered unless you use some call forwarding rules. The only problem is that a forwarded number from that extension will follow the same outbound rule, creating the possibility for a loop. There may be a way around this using rules based on certain extensions. May require some trial and error testing.

3. smokeman

I'm trying to follow these instructions to do the exact same thing.
    when I tried to add a loopback trunk, I found that under voip providers, add, generic sip trunk.
    when I tried to add one, the account details screen wants an external number. What would I put in there?

4. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

You can probably put anything you want. I'm not sure, that in this case, it will make a difference.

5. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I tried this as our old system, users could dial 0 for operator.
    So I created a Generic VOIP to 127.0.0.1
    Outbound Rule all calls to "0", strip 1 digit, prepend 4000 and use Generic Trunk. <- the prepend I do not think really matters.
    This trunks inbound calls all route to ext 4000.
    The calls work fine.

For some reason - I can not get the caller id to work properly.

I can get Name or Number to display on the call, on the first line on my Yealink T38.
    The second line always shows "0"

Any ideas?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Craig -

If the desire is to be able to have internal users be able to dial "0", then you can far more easily go to the extension that you want designated as the operator and put "0" in the sip dial entry on the extension of interest other tab.

7. lneblett

lneblett Well-Known Member

Oops, make that SIP ID rather than SIP Dial.

8. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

whadda ya' know. thanks for that!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.