Dismiss Notice
We would like to remind you that we’re updating our login process for all 3CX forums whereby you will be able to login with the same credentials you use for the Partner or Customer Portal. Click here to read more.

Solved Reduce the number of queued calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by Brandan Hermo, Mar 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brandan Hermo

When Queus are used instead of Ring Groups, in polling strategies such as ring all, the number of calls occupied by the license is equal to that of agents ringing + 1 (occupied by the queue). This means that in a scenario, for example with ringing strategy rign all in 12 agents, for each incoming call 13 of the total license will be occupied, when doing the same in ringing groups would take care of 1.

I think it would be good for the sales modify this behavior so that 1 incoming call in a queue occupies only 1 call of the total available according to license

2. voiptoys

voiptoys Active Member

That is not my understanding. I asked this very question in 3CX training in September and I was assured that it is only one simultaneous call. I believe, as a general rule, that it is not counted as a call until someone answers. It is, however, 1 simultaneous call while the queue is ringing agents, because the call is connected to the queue extension. And I'm not even sure that is true if you forward calls directly to a ring group without first going through a receptionist or IVR first.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Brandan Hermo

You can try and verify this.

One inbound call -> RING GROUP (5 ext ring all)= 1 call in the license while ringing
    One inbound call-> QUEU (5 ext ring all=6 call in license while ringing

4. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

I see that the calls in use show x/(lic size)... but see these threads:

It only shows one line in the Call History.
    Code:
    03/07/2018 8:17:08 AM    Caller (555)    Q test (800)    Not Answered
    And the Activity Log shows 1 active call.
    Code:
    03/07/2018 8:17:11 AM - Currently active calls - 1: [1026]

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
    #4 craigreilly, Mar 7, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2018
  5. Brandan Hermo

Check in DASH BOARD: Num calls in use when tha call is ringing to the avaliable agents.

6. craigreilly

craigreilly Well-Known Member

7. Brandan Hermo

Excuse me.

I just notified 3CX that it is a bug in the DASHBOARD, but it has no practical effect as far as the license is concerned. So a call in the queue sent to 5 agents in the RING ALL polling strategy will only take 2 calls (the incoming queue and the polling exit)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.