• V20: 3CX Re-engineered. Get V20 for increased security, better call management, a new admin console and Windows softphone. Learn More.

Reformat Incoming Caller ID

Status
Not open for further replies.

kbish2008

Reaction score
Hi,
I want reformat Caller ID depend which number he call. For example , somebody with number 1111111 call Queue 3000 i want prepend callerid with 54, operator see what call numer 541111111. Then 1111111 call Queue 3001 i want prepend callerid with 53, operator see 531111111. How I configure 3cx for this ? Sorry for my English :)

Hello @kbish2008

Please note that Caller ID reformatting is done on a trunk level and cannot be done based on the DID a caller dials unless you are using a different trunk for each DID.
May i ask why you want to do this as there could be an alternative solution to your issue.

Our call center has several projects (customers), these customers call their allocated numbers. To make it easier for the agent to make a replay, we prepend customers with prefixes 54,54 ..... So then customer call to us we prepend their number, later agent simple make replay and call will flow to specified trunk there we set project "outgoing" number.

If i understand the requirement correctly you can do this with Inbound rules.
You will have to create an Inbound rule for each DID and name it with the costumers number. For example 54. So when the costumer call in the agent will see the inbound rule name and the costumers number.
You can then create Outbound rules for each costumer using their number as a prefix. So the agent will call 54 and the number and the call will be routed out of the correct outbound rule. You will then need to strip the 2 digits in the outbound rule to have the correct number sent to the provider

Yep, you understood me correctly, but one think, agent must remember which prepend belongs to which client. But I need automate this prepending incoming call by PBX.

If you create an Inbound rule for each DID the inbound rule name will be automatically prepended to each incoming call. You will need to navigate to Contacts / Options and select the "Prepend Name" option

Problem is not that agent not see queue Name or can't recognize customer, but some times agents forget add prepend and calls goes trought default path and called party see another number.

In that case the only option i can think of is having a different trunk for each DID and use reformatting of the incoming caller ID. Reformatting is done at the trunk and not in the DID level so you will a different trunk for each DID.
https://www.3cx.com/docs/cid-reformatting/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Getting Started - Admin

Latest Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ghisl1
Get 3CX - Absolutely Free!

Link up your team and customers Phone System Live Chat Video Conferencing

Hosted or Self-managed. Up to 10 users free forever. No credit card. Try risk free.

3CX
A 3CX Account with that email already exists. You will be redirected to the Customer Portal to sign in or reset your password if you've forgotten it.