Reformatting outbound caller ID issue

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by exmoskl, Oct 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. exmoskl

Evening

I'm having a little issue but first, background so you know what I'm trying to achieve.

We have a customer who wants to use 2 VOIP trunks and extentions have their own DDI/Caller ID numbers setup. The issue I face is that one trunk needs outbound caller ID format to be in standard UK format ie 01234123456 and the other can only accept international format outbound caller id ie 441234123456. So for one of the trunks, I need to setup outbound caller ID reformatting. I've confirmed both trunks accept outbound calls if I manually specify the correct caller ID format in the extension so know that the issue isn't with the trunk setup itself.

I've tried setting up outbound caller ID reformatting - essentially with a rule that just replaces the 0 with 44 - the way I understood the 3CX page on reformatting was that I should be able to achieve this with the following:

Source CID pattern: 0(.*)
    New Source CID pattern: 44\1

This doesn't seem to work however - the number keeps being presented as per the extension caller ID. Do I need to set a specific outbound parameter as well or have I just got the reformatting rule parameters wrong? Outbound parameter at the moment is set to take the extension caller ID part and my understanding was that the reformatting rule would change this for the trunk that requires 44.

Any and all help/guidance most appreciated.

2. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

Hi there, this should have worked the way you have set the CID reformating, what provider are you using for this trunk?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. exmoskl

Hi Pierre

We have 2 trunks - Orbtalk and VoipUnlimited - both work fine if we manually set the extension CLID as per trunk requirements, its just the outbound reformatting of CLID to replace the 0 with 44 that doesn't seem to be applied.

4. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

In fact the Outbound CID Reformating only applies to cases where inbound call comes into system then gets forwarded outside again. It won't work in cases where extension dials outbound number directly.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. exmoskl

Really? You learn something new every day :)

Thanks for the clarification Pierre

6. pj3cx

pj3cx Active Member

You're welcome.

7. eagle2

eagle2 Well-Known Member

This is possible if you set "Originator Caller-ID" as parameter in outbound parameters in outgoing provider settings for fields 'From: user part' and 'From: contact part'. This will send and modify correctly extension caller-id as required, as well as forwarded call coming from another trunk / provider. This is also the only way possible to form correct outbound caller-id for calls from bridged PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.