Refused call by remote party, SmartNode 4554

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by matthijsolislagers, Feb 23, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

When I call an outside number trough a SmartNode 4554 and the remote party refuses the call I keep hearing a ring back tone.

This happens for example when I call a cell phone and the receiver presses the red phone. The line status in 3CX keeps displaying 'Ringing' and the extension status keeps displaying 'Calling'.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

2. Thona

Does not happen on my line. Just testing now.

I am not sure you CAN fix that at all - i mean, the PBX (3CX) is slaved to a VOIP provider. It is the provider's responsibility to notify it about call termination. If that gets lost (as in is not done), there is not a lot the pbx can do.

I have similar issues here at the moment with routing that dialing a phone number without country code does not work (but should). It goes out, it keeps ringing forever. Looks a lot like a provider issue to me.

3. matthijsolislagers

matthijsolislagers New Member

Yes I understand it can be an provider issue. But I'm using ISDN lines with a VOIP gateway...

4. sam

sam

I have the same issue using patton 4554 and snom phones.
    When i refuse a call in my cell phone the phone doesn't detect it and i still hearing a ring tone. But if i try the something with the x-lite softphone the softphone detect it right and gives me the busy tone. Anybody knows to fix this issue with snom phones?
    Thanks very much!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.