Regarding Cisco 7970G

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by tdemir, Oct 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tdemir

Hey there,

We have several Cisco 7970Gs in our office currently running SIP 8.4.2S. In this version, The phones cannot detect date and time correctly while other functions run fine.

When we update phones to 8.5.4, phones can detect date and time correctly but they cannot pickup calls from other queues which cripples their functionality.

Lastly, if we update phones to 9.0+ phones can't register to 3CX therefore can't function at all.

We encountered these problems on 3CX 12.5 and new 15 both.

Have anyone encountered any of these problems and managed to solve any of them?

I'll gladly accept any form of help,
    Taylan

2. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

I may be wrong, but I don't believe that, at this point, that particular model is officially supported by 3CX (possibly for good reason). I think it may have been a model that I "played around with" a while back and gave up on for some of the same issues you are having.

Someone may have come up with a solution in the meantime, but, the fact that the problems are related to firmware versions, I wouldn't hold my breath. you may have to decide which "feature(s)" are more important to you, then forgo the others. Or... replace the sets.

You might also try the Cisco forums. Others, using the sets with competing SIP based PBX's may be having the same issues. The time/date problem might be the easiest to work around.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.