Regarding create 3CX phone system

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jc160586, May 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc160586

IS it possible to create the 3CX phone system under the current PBX phone system which is using LG Nortel aria 300 PBX?

we want to create a small 3CX phone system inside the current LG PBX phone network which means we want to use2 lines of the current extensions to connect the VoIP gateway of 3CX phone system. BUt we are not sure if this plan can be accomplished because according to 3CX system manual, VoIP gateway should be connected to PSTN lines. is it possible to connect our company's extension lines to 3CX phone system through VoIP Gateway??

2. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

You can do this with the use of an FXS gateway. Then it will use lines on your PBX....

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jc160586

Re: Regarding create 3CX phone system FXS Gateway?

Thanks for your reply, could you recommand some types of FXS gateway for us? Thanks a lot

Regarding create 3CX phone system
    by jc160586 on Fri May 16, 2008 2:17 am

IS it possible to create the 3CX phone system under the current PBX phone system which is using LG Nortel aria 300 PBX?

we want to create a small 3CX phone system inside the current LG PBX phone network which means we want to use2 lines of the current extensions to connect the VoIP gateway of 3CX phone system. BUt we are not sure if this plan can be accomplished because according to 3CX system manual, VoIP gateway should be connected to PSTN lines. is it possible to connect our company's extension lines

4. demonofsteel

demonofsteel New Member

You can have a look at the VOIP Gateway Configuration Guides on 3CX Support Page (http://www.3cx.com/support/). I would recommend you a Patton product (http://www.patton.com), but you can still chose something else based on your needs.

As for the configuration, I don't know how it needs to be made.

This is an interesting subject, I was wondering how I could do it if we decide to keep an existing PBX.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.