regarding outbound calls

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by jc160586, May 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jc160586

Is it possible to setup a dialing tone for outbound calls in 3cx system?for example: pickup the phone, dial 0, hear the dialing tone,then make the external call.

2. ess

ess New Member

In my settings for my SPA-3102 gateway, there is a setting for one stage dialing. I have not used it, but when I have, it sounds similar to what you would want. It was a little rough around the edges because I did not make a dial plan so that dialing 0 would automatically send the phone to the pstn gateway. However, if you look on your gateway and find a setting for staged dialing, it would be a matter of making an outbound rule for calls beginning with 0 to go to a certain gateway, setting up a dial plan on the phone so that 0 is sent right away, and then lastly dialing the external number and hitting #, dial, or adding a dial plan depending on your phone.

Please let us know what gateway you're testing on and how the tests go!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. jc160586

Thanks for your help, we havn't purchased the gateway but we're planning to do the test very soon. another question is that if we can setup a 2-stage dailing, how can we forward calls to PSTN. For example, a user wants to forward any incoming calls to his home phone, how can we setup the forwarding rules in 3CX ?

4. ess

ess New Member

Two stage dialing may cause some problems here. Once again, it would be a little rough around the edges. Your users would hear a dial tone, press 0, and hear another dial tone.

As far as call forwarding, it would become more complicated by the two stage dialing. I am not sure if it is possible. What would need to happen is the calls would need to be forwarded to 0#pp(Home Phone Number). I don't think the pauses are possible in call strings. If you use one stage dialing on a paid version of 3cx, the user can easily log into his/her 3cx extension web interface and setup the desired forwarding. However, perhaps someone else can shed some more light on this type of setup two-stage dialing(more than just saying it is not supported).

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.