Register 3CX phone with two separate 3CX PBX servers

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by rsaxe17, Mar 14, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. rsaxe17

Hello Members,

Is it possible to register a 3CX phone or any of the supported IP phones with two separate 3CX servers, such that the line 1 is registered to 1st PBX and 2nd line to second PBX ?

Thanks,

2. CentrexJ

CentrexJ Member

Yes you just have to manually configure the second account on the phones or do adjustments to the template.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

It all depends on the make/model of phone. Some assume that all lines are registered to one server, so there is only one place to put in a server destination for all line keys. Some sets allow each key to have individual server (local or remote) settings.

As far as I am aware, with the 3CX phone, you can only have one account active at a time, so all line keys are assigned to one number.

4. Frank D

Frank D New Member

Yes, even having multiple accounts on 3cxphone, only one can be active at a time.

5. Deepest

This works on the Yaelink handsets i have my one registered to our office 3cx and also to my test 3cx. The line Keys need to be setup for account 1 and 2 and when making an out bound call pressing the corresponding line key selects which pbx the call is made on.

6. rsaxe17

Thank you... will try out and update the results...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.