REGISTER BUT NO VOICE on unsupported IP PHONE

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by simin, Nov 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. simin

Dear Friends , I have installed 3CX phone system in our Win Server 2003 in our company network , we have no problem inside our network but for our external extension although we use from 3CX tunnel , but we only can work with 3CX client or 3CX soft phones and none of our Hard IP Phone (Ex. Dlink Dph 150S) could work well , these IP phone register through our tunnel with in our internet connection but sometimes had no ring (We couldn't call these extension some times) and in any case we heard no voice after connect to them . Please note that these IP phone works well inside our local network .
    please help if anybody knows any solution .
    thankyou.

2. Ricambi America

Re: REGISTER BUT NO VOICE IN IP PHONE

Check your STUN server settings on the external phone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. simin

I set my stun setting in my IP Phone to stun.3cx.com but again the problem exist !

4. Henk

Henk Member

Check your rtp port range in your firewall. The firewall must let the same range through. Best way to check is a firewall test within 3cx.

It should work, but lets start with the RTP.
    Then check the Codecs on either side, they must be the same.

H.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you say "tunnel" do you mean you are using VPN to connect the "remote" sets to 3CX. What sort of router are these external sets behind? Are they all at the same "other" location? If at the same location , has the port number been set on each set so that there is no duplication? i.e., no two sets use port 5060 behind the same public IP.

6. simin

No , We didn't using from VPN , Yes these problem happened for the external extension only from outside our network , infact inside our network we had no problem , all of our soft or hard (IP) phone worked well and voice can heard from 3CX softphone and even DPh 150S inside our network , but when we go to another place which connect to our network only with internet connection we have no voice with our DPH 150S , although our 3CX softphone again works well , but this is possible only because we install the 3CX proxy and set tunnel connection inside our server and set the tunnel property inside our 3CX softphones .

7. simin

Dear leejor
    I think we must have no problem with our port number because although our gateway and our IP phone has the same port but they are not in the same lan , our gateway is in our company network (with our 3CX pc) with Sip port 5060 and even our IP phone is in another location with the same Sip port 5060 .
    all of our devices is DLINK :

Our ADSL & Routers in both side : DSL - 2640t
    VOIP Gateway : DLINK DVG - 7022S
    IP PHONE : DLINK DPH - 150S

Thankyou .

8. Nick Galea

Nick Galea Site Admin

Use a supported and tested phone!

9. aveiser@veiser.de

If the phones ringing and dialing is possible, it sounds like a routing problem.
    How did you realize the connection?
    Are the routes known, on both sides and did you configure the phones with a default-gateway, who knows the route?

10. lb9ve

The voice is on other ports than the signalling.
    You must open the ports for RTP also in the firewall the 3cx server is behind. The rtp port range can be found in the 3cx menu: Settings, advansed, custom parameters.
    And is the range from FIRSTEXPORT to LASTEXPORT. I think the default is from 9000 to 9049.

11. simin

Dear friends , thank you for your attention , We turn off all firewall in both side (both ADSL device and routers) , so neither the 3CX server side nor our client the RTP and SIP ports are not cloes but maybe in (our country) the ISP's filtered the VOIP packets and closed the RTP/SIP ports , so we use 3CX tunnel and with this tunnel all software base IP phone works well but our (HARD) IP Phone is not working well .
    I mean we could register the HardPhone DLINK 150S with our 3CX server inside and outside our lan so even when we call this extension we can use it well inside our lan but in another place (connect via internet) the phone is ringing but some times no connection establish when you pick it up and some times when connection stablish the voice is going only one way and the other side could hear nothing .
    any other idea please ?
    thank you

12. leejor

leejor Well-Known Member

When you are only getting sound in one direction it means that for some reason the voice packets just aren't getting through. This could be due to the routers/firewall at either end or it could be, as you said, your ISP blocking some ports. What you have to do is eliminate where the problem is.

If you can, what i would try first is to get the remote phone to register using a public IP at the far end, of course you can't do this if you have one of those combo DSL modem/routers. But if you can set up the phone to pick up a public IP (don't forget to turn off STUN for this test), hopefully it will register with 3CX, and there isn't a reason to think it won't since it does behind the router. Try some calls. If you get voice both ways then you know that the problem is with the router at the far end, some packets are not getting through. Now you have to start looking at the settings on the router.

13. manistopit

Goto your networking router
    open PORT Range Forward
    Enable Port range 5090 to 5090 Application tunnel
    Protocol BOTH
    IP adress your network IP

Than it will work
    for any other help contact me

Gurpreet Singh
    http://www.callcentersetups.com
    info@callcentersetups.com

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.