Register Line in 3cx through Fritz! Box

Discussion in '3CX Phone System - General' started by AndreasMetal, Dec 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AndreasMetal

Hey :)

Because I don't want to buy a PSTN card, I ask if can I register as analog or VoIP line(in 3cx) the analog (fixed) line, that is in fritz! box.

I also ask, if can I register the registered extensions in Fritz! Box, in 3cx. I know, that i can create extensions 101,102 and register, but my company doesn't support registering in other softphone :?

Happy New Year/
    Thankssssssssss...

2. RobLloyd

RobLloyd Member

The only way you can register it is if you can have it register with a name (ext#) and password to 3CX. Otherwise you will have to buy an analog adapter. They are usually under $60 and will work better than a card from another box.
    3CX does not support PSTN cards. Only external devices. This maybe the one big downfall of 3CX. They probably could support them if they were supported in Windows OS. Not that I've looked but I have not heard of any that work with Windows.

Happy New Year!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. AndreasMetal

Yeah.. I have 2 external devices (2 analog telephons)...

Thanks a lot :(
    It may not work!!
    Byeeee!

4. normansdog

Fritz analogue

I can't get the Fritzbox fon 5050 to transfer incoming PSTN calls to the 3CX, it doesn't appear to be possible. You can though possibly register your analogue PSTN number with your VOIP provider (1und1does this) as a VoIP number, then register this with 3CX as a VoIP line. It should then be possible to get PSTN calls re-routed externally, by 1und1 in this case, to 3CX.
    Cheers

5. Arnaud

I've no experience with the 5050, but with the standard fritzbox receiving incoming PSTN is possible. I assume the same method works on a 5050.
    See my posting:
    http://www.3cx.com/forums/categories-1/3cx-phone-system-general-1/incoming-isdn-calls-on-eumex-300-ip-avm-fritzbox-working-3650/?highlight=eumex

The CLIP information is unfortuntely not passed on.

Regards,
    Arnaud

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. voipbaennjer

I'm using the Fritzbox 7170 with newest firmware that can work as a SIP registrar server.
    Create a voip subscriber in the Fritzbox (starts with ext. no. 620) and determine the incoming and outgoing phonenumber it will use.
    Create a new voip provider (generic voip provider template) in 3CX (V7) with the ext. no. as username and password of the fritzbox subscriber.

Incoming and outgoing calls via my landline over the fritzbox into 3CX work well

The Fritzbox 5050 does not support the function as a SIP registrar. Incoming calls can be signalled on the phones hooked up to the fritzbox. Outgoing is only possible by dialing *11# plus phone number.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.